AndrewTheSane's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Flex stuck at Welcome screen?

I'm trying to set up my Flex box and it's stuck on the screen that says "Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue." I currently provide my own modem/router--is this the issue?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Happened to metoo. It was stuck like that for several hours, i did reboot it few times. After a day or so i started it again, and then it made past that screen.

horrible experience. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same situtation here.  Any solutions?

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

You can not use Flex with your own modem/router. Comcast’s gateway would have be to rented and not in bridge mode to use Flex

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@jwesver0312
That’s incorrect, you don’t need a leased gateway, just internet service with a compatible modem. You would need a gateway if you used the same box with X1 service. X1 and Flex are 2 different services
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-flex-overview

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

So Flex works with an Xfinity gateway in bridge mode? I have an Arris TG1682G in bridge mode because I need to run my own DNS and DHCP from my own server on my home LAN and I've seen no way to disable that on the Arris. It's also my understanding that the Arris doesn't address bufferbloat. So I run my Arris in bridge mode and use a ZyXEL running OpenWRT that provides the "cake" fair queuing algorithm to prevent lag and latency. 

I'd love to take the Arris out of bridge mode. Just give me a way to disable DHCP and put cake on it.

I just got the email telling me my account is eligible to use Flex, so I've love to have a box for my family room TV to watch Amazon Prime. Is that going to work? How do I order the box? 

More on cake here. (It's part of the standard Linux kernel and hence available in 3rd party router firmware. It's much better at sharing your connection than buying more bandwidth.)

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake/

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ScratchMonkey wrote:

So Flex works with an Xfinity gateway in bridge mode? I have an Arris TG1682G in bridge mode because I need to run my own DNS and DHCP from my own server on my home LAN and I've seen no way to disable that on the Arris. It's also my understanding that the Arris doesn't address bufferbloat. So I run my Arris in bridge mode and use a ZyXEL running OpenWRT that provides the "cake" fair queuing algorithm to prevent lag and latency. 

I'd love to take the Arris out of bridge mode. Just give me a way to disable DHCP and put cake on it.

I just got the email telling me my account is eligible to use Flex, so I've love to have a box for my family room TV to watch Amazon Prime. Is that going to work? How do I order the box? 

More on cake here. (It's part of the standard Linux kernel and hence available in 3rd party router firmware. It's much better at sharing your connection than buying more bandwidth.)

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake/

is the flex box an Xi5 or Xi6 wireless? you can connect via ethernet if so to the gateway/modem.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here