U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 8th, 2022 11:38 PM

Closed

Flex not passing Dolby 5.1

I just got the Flex unit and trying to have it pass Dolby 5.1 through my Samsung that has optical connection to the surround system. Tried all audio settings on the flex. I don't have this problem with the Firestick.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this @user_f80f8a!

What model of Flex box do you happen to have? And have you already tried to use the Voice Remote to search for "Dolby Atmos"?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityGina​ It is the Xi6-T model and I went to You Tube played the  Dolby Atmos test videos and the Xi6-T did not pass Dolby at any format. Played the Dolby videos off of the Firestick connected on another HDMI input on my Samsung TV and Dolby Digital passed through just fine. Does the Xi6-T not send any form of Dolby? I would get a different surround receiver if it did but at this point it seems your unit doesn't work.

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Great question there! It should work. I actually just set up an Vizio soundbar for my inlaws just yesterday with Dolby Atmos and it worked great through the HDMI 2.0 cable. Hmm!  I'm wondering if there could be something wrong with the box. Have you tried sending a signal to the box via the My Account app?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having a the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_5d3829, thanks for reaching out for help with your sound configuration. By chance have you already tried configuring the box with the previously mentioned suggestions? 

Using the voice function on the remote and saying: "Dolby Atmos"
Sending your box signal via the My Acocunt app
Using an HDMI 2.0 connection 

Please let us know if any of these steps helped resolve your issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here