U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 8, 2021 1:19 AM

Flex keeps ‘losing internet connection’

It keeps saying that there’s no connection to internet, after I’ve been watching for about 15 or 20 minutes. If I wait, sometimes it will come back on, and then quit entirely and restart. I thought that it was the distance feom the router, (although I live in a cape I’d, that is barely 1000 sf), so I bought an Xfi, (which I am confused, because that seems to do absolutely NOTHING for the flex OR extended wifi), and the flex seems to shut down even MORE frequently. I have had the flex for over a year, never had problems. Do these things wear out? It’s incredibly frustrating. If I have my laptop in the same room, I have no problem streaming, even before the pod install. Any suggestions? I’ve restarted, unplugged, reset… whatever else it would allow me to do. Out of troubleshooting ideas, so don’t offer any silly ‘turn it off and then on’ solutions, because I’ve done them. Thanks!

Responses

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

8 d ago

Hello @user_c2a27d!

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your flex box. I'd like to take a closer look and see what we can do to get it working more consistently again. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

New to the Community?

Start Here