Jgarctun's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 21st, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Flex error code RDK-03110

Got a flex and during setup it recognizes my home network. I select the network (I use an approved modem and separate router) and enter in the correct password. I then get a message saying “we can’t find . Double check the spelling. Remember - network names are case sensitive”

Kinda ridiculous that it says it can’t find my network right after it shows it as an available network on the previous screen. At the bottom there is an error code RDK-03110. Any idea what this means.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

If you get this code, you are probably out of luck. Spent several hours online and on the phone with tech support, who couldn’t even tell me what the error means, nor give me any suggestions on how to fix besides the usual power cycling of your devices. They even claimed they were sending an update to the box, despite it not being connected to my network (no one could explain to me how that would even work). Long story short, they sent me a replacement box, and the new box has the same problem. Save yourself the aggravation and just get a Roku or a Firestick instead. What a hunk of junk.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Jgarctun wrote:
Got a flex and during setup it recognizes my home network. I select the network (I use an approved modem and separate router) and enter in the correct password. I then get a message saying “we can’t find . Double check the spelling. Remember - network names are case sensitive”

Kinda ridiculous that it says it can’t find my network right after it shows it as an available network on the previous screen. At the bottom there is an error code RDK-03110. Any idea what this means.

you have your own router, is it set to have 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios with the same SSID name (allowing the selection of an appropriate radio/channel)?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have this same problem using the Motorola Router I just purchased. The Roku works fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. Was this ever solved??

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem. I have a comcast modem/router. My password is correct and I tried the wps button as well. It says maybe move box closer but for goodness sake it is only six feet away. It also says try a direct connection, but I don't have a spare right now and what's the point of wireless anyway. I had a fire stick connected just fine, as well as phone and laptop. I was hoping to be able to get peacock, but I guess the fire stick will have to do. Good thing this was free. Junk

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the setup of the Flex box, @user_606bf6. Did you happen to see @Rustyben's question above, asking about having one SSID name for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios? The error code in this thread means that the box is not able to reach the internet device due to low signal, misconfiguration, or an incomplete activation, so checking the network(s) is a good place to start.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here