D

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, May 11, 2022 10:22 PM

Flex constantly crashing

Just got a Flex and it constantly crashes 5-10 minutes into watching anything.

Does anything work at Xfinity? Your website doesn't work, your customer service doesn't work, your devices don't work.. all that money getting used well 👌 I think I'm going to speak to a lawyer about refunding the thousands I've spent with this company

Official Employee

• 

181 Messages

13 d ago

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, @user_da911a. We never want to see you have trouble with anything, especially our services or equipment. Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? If so, may I ask what you tried? If not, would you be willing to attempt to troubleshoot using these steps: https://comca.st/3weNS4J and let us know if the issue persists?

Dethsend

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaE​ I've used the app to troubleshoot, I've checked the firmware version, I've restarted the device countless times, I've restarted both my router and modem, I've power-cycled every device in my house, I've reset everything to factory, and the Flex device still can't run a single app for more than 5 minutes without crashing back to the main menu. I'm just going to go grab a Roku or something, maybe switch to another ISP while I'm at it. I hear Century Link has some good deals these days

Official Employee

• 

229 Messages

@Dethsend Thank you for confirming the troubleshooting steps that you have tried thus far, and thank you also for your patience and understanding while we get to the bottom of this once and for all. As a customer myself as well, and someone who only uses a Flex box in my office to watch TV, I totally understand where you are coming from. Of course, we would truly hate to lose you as a valued member of our Xfinity family, and I would be more than happy to assist you in getting this resolved once and for all. I would like to try some troubleshooting steps together, in order to hopefully diagnose and resolve the issue, which includes sending some signals to your equipment. To continue, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here