D

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, May 11th, 2022 10:22 PM

Closed

Flex constantly crashing

Just got a Flex and it constantly crashes 5-10 minutes into watching anything.

Does anything work at Xfinity? Your website doesn't work, your customer service doesn't work, your devices don't work.. all that money getting used well 👌 I think I'm going to speak to a lawyer about refunding the thousands I've spent with this company

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, @user_da911a. We never want to see you have trouble with anything, especially our services or equipment. Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? If so, may I ask what you tried? If not, would you be willing to attempt to troubleshoot using these steps: https://comca.st/3weNS4J and let us know if the issue persists?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaE​ I've used the app to troubleshoot, I've checked the firmware version, I've restarted the device countless times, I've restarted both my router and modem, I've power-cycled every device in my house, I've reset everything to factory, and the Flex device still can't run a single app for more than 5 minutes without crashing back to the main menu. I'm just going to go grab a Roku or something, maybe switch to another ISP while I'm at it. I hear Century Link has some good deals these days

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@Dethsend Thank you for confirming the troubleshooting steps that you have tried thus far, and thank you also for your patience and understanding while we get to the bottom of this once and for all. As a customer myself as well, and someone who only uses a Flex box in my office to watch TV, I totally understand where you are coming from. Of course, we would truly hate to lose you as a valued member of our Xfinity family, and I would be more than happy to assist you in getting this resolved once and for all. I would like to try some troubleshooting steps together, in order to hopefully diagnose and resolve the issue, which includes sending some signals to your equipment. To continue, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I know how you feel. So I went to all streaming a couple of week ago, and was given a flex box. However no matter what app I was using, the picture would freeze/crash about every half hour. I just exchanged for a new flex box, and guess what, it was better, the box would freeze about every hour. It really too bad, I would like to use the flex box, but I going to switch back to a Roku box. Going to use the Flex box as a coaster.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_e34fd6, thank you for reaching out to us. We will be happy to help with any issues that you may be having with your Flex box. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We look forward to hearing back from you! 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I actually spoke with Xfinity Support directly over the phone, after problems with the first Flex box. Support suggested I exchange for a new one. Unfortunately, the exact problem happened with the second box. I've tried moving it to a different location just in case there was interference from another equipment. Tried wired and wireless, still the box crashed continually. I'm convinced that the Flex boxes currently being issued are defective. 

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

@user_e34fd6 Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps that you have taken. I would like to look further into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My flex crashes constantly as well despite going through all of the time staking troubleshooting procedures with a technical service provider. I actually do think the flex box would make a nifty coaster as well. 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your Xfinity Flex device. Can you provide a bit more details about what is happening with the device? When you state that the device is crashing, is it powering down completely? Are you just getting error messages or is it slow and loading apps? These details will help us to get down to the bottom of this with you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

The screen goes black and is unresponsive for about five minutes then after about five minutes the only thing I can get it to do is voice commands 

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

This isn't the experience we want for you as a valued member of the Xfinity family. If you could please send us a live message as requested by Jimmy earlier we can look at your account to see what is going on. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here