U

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 9:15 PM

Flex box

Why on earth am i unable to rearrange, add or delete the apps on the list of my home screen ?!? Forcing us to use a set layout that has countless of unused apps in the way of the ones I actually use. This is crazy !! And counterproductive !!!!

This is terrible for the user, FYI !! It forces myself (and many others) to use my Samsung TV remote, (Android TV, roku, etc) where I can add & rearrange my most used apps in order on my home screen.(and move unused apps to the end of the list) (or remove altogether). Basically Making my flex box undesirable to use, since it's more of a hassle to access my favorite apps than anything. It's a pretty simple process to allow the USER to decide which apps should go in what order. To THEIR preference !! I recommend Fixing this option on the flex box before you lose ALOT of your customer to competitors (like Samsung, Android TV & Roku)

Official Employee

• 

939 Messages

6 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_xngwdk. I can definitely share that feedback for you from here to the proper team for that. I can also send that idea as an elevations request as well. We do make changes to our products and services based on that type of feedback. 

1 Message

Agreed, this is a much desired update for many users (multiple posts in this forum). The Settings menu in my Flex (release v46.0.0, STB version TX061AEI_6.4p11s1_PROD_sey) has a Preferences section in which an option like this is offered for the Apps Row Order ("My most recent" instead of default order "Featured"), but unfortunately it does not seem to do anything when it is selected. This "My most recent" option (if it would work) is still not a fully customizable Apps Row but it would be better than nothing.

Please add fixing this as a priority to the automatic software updates for Flex.

If it requires a Flex hardware upgrade (more or different kind of memory chips, for example) then please let us know if and when that can be offered as a trade-in.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here