U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 25th, 2023 3:34 PM

Closed

Flex box wont display 4k through netflix

When I try and access a 4k show through netflix the dark colors are horribly distorted. This only happened on my flex box, netflix worked fine through the previous cable box of theirs. I've tried 3 different utlra 4k HDMI cables, wireless and 3 different ethernet cables.  If i power every device down and cycle them all it will work for a brief period of time. Every morning when I turn on netflix the distortion will be back without fail. Comcast has "fixed" the problem with a signal refresh but it will return back in the morning. I've had a technician come out with no luck either. Does this flex box actually support true 4k? Why does it crash every morning? I'm wondering if it has to do with the updates the insist upon every night while you sleep

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

1 year ago

@user_9e7019 Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Forum team. That is really strange that your 4K content is not working properly on your 4K cable box only. Are you using a 4K TV? Do you see this happen on any other App when you try to watch 4Kcontent?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ 

if my flex box is off for more than 3 minutes I lose the ability to view 4k when I turn the box back on. I then have to turn the box off for at least a minute for 4k to resume. I’ve done so much trial and error with this. Technician was sent out and had no clue, his response was for me to just use my tvs streaming capabilities since the box had a ‘bug’. This happened with 3 different flex boxes. I ended up returning the flex box.

Official Employee

• 

725 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you had so many issues and ended up returning the Flex box. Have you experienced any further issues since then watching content on other devices?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​ 

I can stream 4k directly to my tv no problem and my xbox is in 4k as well. My xbox is hard wired through an ethernet cable to the back of the gateway, that port blinks green on the gateway. When the flex was connected via ethernet, that port would light up orange. I tried 3 different ethernet cables and tried wireless. Everything had the same result once the flex box was turned off for more than 3 minutes. All of my wireless items in this room, where the gateway modem is, have a wireless speed of around 200 mbps while my hardwired xbox receives up to 1100 mbps.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_9e7019​ 

I should also mention when I had the regular xfinity cable I could watch everything that was in 4k without any issue. This only started once i switched to flex.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here