C

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 4:55 PM

Flex Box to Sony HT-XT1 Home Theatre System

Hello! I just got an old Sony HT-XT1 Home Theatre System. I want to connect my Flex to it but I'm not sure if I need to just plug the Flex into my TV instead of the system or vice versa. I've never had a home theatre system, even a little one, so I don't want to get it wrong for audio and/or inputs. I also plan to connect a Switch to it as well. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

14 days ago

Hello and thank you for reaching out to our community! If there will be multiple inputs connecting to your TV, I would suggest using the optical audio output from the television to the sound system. It's a very thin connection that you won't want to bend but that is a way that would connect each of the inputs without having to make changes. HDMI connections send both audio and video to the television and the Flex box only has one HDMI port to connect to the television with. The active input on your screen will determine what sound will be sent to the sound system throughout that optical output. Personally, this is how I have my sound bar connected to my television and we have 3 devices connected directly to the TV. Ultimately it's all your choice and preference.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here