U

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 6:33 PM

Closed

Flex box RDK-03117

Have had the flex box for about a year with no issues until recently.  The box will freeze and display the RDK-03117 message.  Restarting by unplugging and plugging back in usually works, but the box may only work for a short period of time before freezing again.  No other devices on my network have an issue connecting.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

423 Messages

11 months ago

@user_0b8c37 Thanks for posting and letting the community know what's going on. It's a great place for help! I checked this for you, and found it's the error code for a loss of service. It's the classic code for an interruption, but if you compare that to the Status page online and there is no interruption, it means the Flex box lost the connection to your wifi network. Here is the link to the STATUS page. You'll want to troubleshoot the connection from the Flex box to the modem, such as placement and making sure it has a good signal where it is placed. If it continues after ensuring it has a proper signal, or need suggestions on doing so, let us know. We're happy to assist. 

5 Messages

11 months ago

I plugged the Flex box into a TV right next to the modem and it does the same thing.  How can I get a new Flex box?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Great idea! Swapping out the flex box for a new one was the next step I was going to suggest. Are you able to bring your current box into a local service center to swap it out for a new one @user_0b8c37?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

It looks like the nearest service center to me is temporarily closed.  Can I swap it at an Xfinity retail center?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Great question, @user_0b8c37! I am so glad you asked. We have three great options for you to return your equipment.

-You can initiate the return online by visiting our Equipment Return page at Xfinity.com/returns. Here is where a prepaid shipping label will be prepared for you to print. You have the option to stop by a local UPS store where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us, or you may package the equipment yourself using a cardboard box and the prepaid UPS shipping label you printed at home.

-If a UPS Store representative packages the equipment for you, you will receive a physical receipt with your tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return at xfinity.com/returns or on UPS.com. If you have an email address on file, you will also receive a confirmation email letting you know that the equipment was received and the date that the return was processed.

-The last option is you can simply visit us at a Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store. We would love to see you! Here is a great link for finding a store nearest you. We would love to see you. The great thing is you can even schedule an appointment so you do not have to wait in line. The next one near your area that is open is at 7351 Assateague Drive Suite 210 Jessup, MD 20794. How does this sound?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

Sounds good. I can return to the Jessup store.  Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

You're more than welcome, @user_0b8c37! Please reach back out if you need any additional assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here