U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 12th, 2023 3:24 AM

Closed

Flex box issues

I’m on my 3rd flex box. Hours on phone with xfinity, a technician visit… still cuts out constantly. It’s in an upstairs room… wifi router downstairs. All other rooms upstairs with TVs work great with roku and smart TVs. Flex box is very frustrating. 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 years ago

I just came on here with the same problems - it’s our 2nd box btw. All day every day it freezes, pixelates, or gets errors. We have to reboot it almost daily too. It’s horrific and like you, other TVs with older box or no box at all work just fine! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@LadyParrot​ is your tv upstairs like mine? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_bf0b11 With any equipment there are always bad ones in the batch. With the Flex boxes since they are offered for free as a courtesy for our internet-only customers they do not get used like our normal boxes. The box may have been good when it was originally produced but not being actively used or even overused in some cases can add to some issues with any equipment. The flex boxes can be swapped out at any of our Xfinity services centers at any time. I know when I got my first Xb7 when they came out a few years ago I did have to swap it a few times due to faulty equipment. As much as I would like to say they are perfect it is technology, and it can be flawed. I know you have had it swapped and techs have taken a look already but if you are not having any issues with any other devices connecting in that room I would point at the box as well. I would be happy to send one out for you if you would like since you have been through this before.  
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@user_bf0b11​  No, the one with the [Edited: "Language"] Flex box is downstairs in the living room. The new Roku tv that’s only connected to Wifi is upstairs 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_bf0b11 Thank you so much for your post on your issues with your flexbox. It sounds like your box may be losing connection. Do you by chance have devices that have connection issues other than your flexbox in this same room? If so it may be due to the signal strength that is available to it when in use. This could be helped with a Wi-Fi extender or one of our Xfi pods would work great as well to help pull the stronger signal to the other box. If you would like more information on our Xfi pods you can check out their page here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-pod 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ 

I do Have a wifi extender upstairs. This tv never ever had a problem with roku. It’s the flex box. It’s inferior in quality. 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​  No there’s nothing else that has connections issues downstairs (or anywhere else in the house for that matter) - just this tv in our living room that’s connected to the Flex box. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here