U

Monday, August 21st, 2023 9:33 PM

Closed

Flex box is not free

2 years ago when I was renewing my Xfinity customer service in the phone asked me if I wanted a flex box and said it’s free. I said no I don’t need it but they sent it anyway and said it’s free and doesn’t need to be returned. Now I just canceled my service and they said I need to return the flex box and I have no clue where it is since I never tried to set it up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_97f01f! This is far from the experience we want you to have. The first rental box is free with the Xfinity Flex services. As a rental device, there is an unreturned equipment fee if the service is cancelled and the Flex box is not returned. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team would love to take a further look at your account. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

1 Message

7 months ago

I have the same problem. They told me it’s free and sent it to my anyway. Then I donated it when I was moving. And now they charged me $120 for it. I never used it either! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @user_kb4vuw. Now our Flex box has no monthly rental fee like modem does. It is not free for you to keep, it is still Comcast property. I am sorry for the confusion it has caused you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here