L

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, August 28th, 2022 6:42 PM

Closed

Flex box giving me black screen

Afternoon. I’ve done the rest, swapped hdmi cables, reset the router. When the flex box resets it does the welcome screen, says hit any button to start streaming. Then it goes to a black screen. I say Disney plus or paramount plus (both services I have). It tells me it’s connecting to a 3rd party service like it always does, but sits on a black screen. It was working fine yesterday. No trouble in the past. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your Flex concerns. We never want you to miss a show. Can you tell me if you are seeing any error messages/codes? @lward1219

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ 

no sir, I can’t get that far. Lol

i got xfinity on the remote or say the service I want and get the black screen with the message that a 3rd party program is loading. But nothing loads. Spoke to someone via chat last night, they said they re-synced the box to the service and it should work in about an hour. It never did. I can get to the menu for cc and other setting, but not to the xfinity Home Screen or streaming services. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for this information. Now are you receiving any error code by any chance that starts with either RDK or XRE? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Nope. Like I said. I say what I want to see or play, the screen goes black. No error code. Can’t see anything.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your Flex concerns. We never want you to miss a show. Can you tell me if you are seeing any error messages/codes? @lward1219

Then I get this

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

then I get this  black screen  no codes

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

@lw1219 @I am having this ole act issue, can you share your solution with me?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

exact not ole act lol

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I wish I could. Been having the issue since Sunday. Talked to a tech last night, they said they resent a flex signal to the flex box was synced. It didn’t work. Still nothing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for the screenshots. I am sorry this is happening to you. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having same issue today. Also talked on chat to an employee who did the same thing and told me to check back in an hour. Did not fix the problem. Same black screen. 😒 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_f2353b​ 

i messages xfinity as described by the employee, they told me their techs are aware and it’s not just us. Guess it’s effecting. A lot of people.  Just fix it! Lol

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_f2353b I'm sorry to hear that you are also having issues with your service. What troubleshooting if any have you already completed? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hold the Microphone button on the remote and say “Restart Device”.

This resolved my issue and hope it helps.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@HopefulHelp​ 

well thanks for the tip. Unfortunately same thing I’ve been doing, just in a different way. I did try it, same result. Still getting the black screen @XfinityBrandon @someone better be getting credits to me account since I haven’t been able to use it in a week. This is getting ridiculous. Support didn’t do anything except say they know there’s an issue. Ok, then get it fixed. I’m irritated 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@HopefulHelp​ Unfortunately, this did not work for me either.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here