68metal's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, August 20th, 2023 3:26 AM

Closed

Flex box crashes continuously

Flex box crashes no matter what app is being used. Barely watch 2 seconds and it stops working. This is not my first round of issues with the flex box and I can see why use of this is “free”. Because if anyone had to pay for it XFinity would have to make them actually usable. This thing is worthless. Cannot find any way to fix this online. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

Hi, @68metal. Thank you for creating a new post. I see you are having some trouble with your Flex device and service. I understand it crashes very often making it hard to enjoy. That is never what we like to hear, and I'll do my best to help. Can I have more details about the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far? Do you see  any error codes or errors messages that populate when this happens? 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

There are no error codes. Since posting I have actually swapped out the router for a newer one. It seemed that the router could have been the issue. Unfortunately after it was on for a while the flex box has gone back to crashing constantly making it unusable again. This thing is so very frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

383 Messages

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

This is happening to me now. My old router started acting up, so I got a new one. Ever since, my flex box is crashing. It NEVER did before. So frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

759 Messages

Hey there @user_qnij6g So sorry to hear that there are connection issues with the Flex device. Is this happening with every streaming app? If you try to access and watch any free Video On Demand content available, does it happen there as well? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

7 months ago

I have the same problem that box is a piece of sh*t

Official Employee

• 

963 Messages

Hello @user_m8oj73, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Flex box, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here