G

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 11th, 2022 8:56 PM

Closed

Discovery+ App won’t launch on Flex

Up until yesterday I had only issues with Discovery+ freezing but now the entire app will not launch. I’ve restarted the box & nothing. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Gemphish! Have you attempted to remove the app and then add it back onto your Flexbox? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasC​ How is this process done.  Mine has been frozen for 3 weeks, I have a new Flex box, a new modem, a new internet speed and still no discovery.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

According to Xfinity support page, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/discoveryplus-app, 

To access the discovery+ app, you’ll need:

• A compatible X1 TV Box with Xfinity X1 service, or a streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service.
  • Xfinity Flex:
    • Xi6 streaming TV Box.
    • Xi5 streaming TV Box.
    • XiOne streaming TV Box.

I have the Xi6a box and the app will not launch. I had a chat with an Xfinity rep this morning and he flat out said IT DOESN'T WORK. 

So either Xfinity needs to step up and just say it does not work or work with Discovery to find out the issue. Discovery+ works just fine on my Roku box and my LG TV app.

Just my 0.02 cents on this [Edited: "Language"] that's been going on for far too long.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here