U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, May 13, 2022 10:21 PM

charged for flex box I was told did not need to be returned

I am very unhappy with customer service. I called to cancel my service almost 2 months ago. When on the phone with the agent I specifically asked if any equipment needed to be returned.  I had purchased my own router and modem. I was told I was all set, nothing needed to be returned. Today I got a bill for $120 for the non-returned flex box. By the way, this is the "free" flex box that was sent to me automatically-I did not request it. When I got it, I called and asked about it and was told it was included for free with my Internet service. I can't help but feel it is a scam when I am told not to return an item and then get charged for not returning said item almost 2 months later. When I just called customer service, expecting the charge to be taken off my account, I was repeatedly told that I had to return the box or pay the fee. I didn't keep the box after being told I didn't need to return it, so I can't return it now.  I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told a supervisor could not speak with me, they could only text with the agent. I can tell you I have no interest in dealing with Xfinity in the future for anything.

Official Employee

• 

614 Messages

11 d ago

Hi, @user_975599! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out to XFINITY over our forums page for help with the flexbox return inquiry. We appreciate you greatly for patiently waiting for a response. This is definitely not the experience that we like to hear about. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way. I will do everything within my power to help. Just to confirm, you state that you did not keep the box since you were told that you did not need to return it. May I ask what happened with the box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here