U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 1:20 PM

Charged for a flex

I’ve seen other threads on this and I’m truly frustrated. 

I discovered I am being charged for the “free flexbox” that was pushed on me when upgrading my service. 

I got it in October 2023 and I really didn’t need it so I haven’t used it. On December and Jan bills, I see an inactive equipment charge and now I’m being told that activating it would possibly incur a $15 fee…how is this free??? 

I don’t understand how “free” means being charged $10 per month and then $15 if you actually use it. 

I have been a customer for over  2 decades and this is truly unethical. 

Official Employee

• 

734 Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @user_2edb11. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to the Flex box concern. The first Flex box should be free with any additional $5 per month, there is a one time charge of $15 for the activation: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-flex-overview. 

If you decide you don't want the Flex box, you can return that to either a local Xfinity Store or certified UPS Store: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment. 

I'd definitely like to investigate further with you being billed $10 for the equipment. From experience the $10 fee is normally associated with unreturned equipment, and I'd definitely like to do an account review to see what is happening with the monthly charge. When you have time, please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

1 Message

Yep, I have been with Xfinity for a long time, and they're doing the same to me $10 dollar a month and never seen an email of you need to return that free box to them. Lucky I still have the box, I wonder what they do if I get rid of it. To me, it's Theft! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here