kittenmueller's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Sunday, January 9th, 2022 10:43 PM

Closed

Can I get local news channels with a paid app? Help!

I decided to try streaming finally. It has been totally a disaster with xfinity customer service every step of the way. Having no local news is why I put it off so long.  So I thought xfinity stream as an add on would help me get news. For 39.95 . So i go to the flex app and  it walks me thru the process of signing up , completes and tells me to continue watching flex while it updates my account. Nothing happens....... at all. So, I chat with xfinity this AM, and  here we go- she says If I want xfinity stream, I have to DE-ACTIVATE my flex boxes and just use xfinity stream. Now why would flex walk me thru a process to add it  if I have to deactivate flex? I told her I really thought she was completely wrong. All I want to do is pay to add on local news channels to my xfinity flex without paying 70 to 100 a month!  Can someone give me a simple answer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thanks for reaching out @kittenmuller. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your streaming services and what you are wanting. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues or were you able to get this resolved? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am dealing with the same thing. I went to the Xfinity stream app and upgraded to have the choice tv service. For an additional $40. It said it was confirmed, to wait for an email to update my flex box. All day.... nothing.... So I contacted customer service....am told I have to get something completely different 😡

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @user_3b2507. Oh no! How upsetting! I'm truly sorry to hear there was an issue upgrading to Choice TV! I would like to help! I know you mentioned you contacted customer service. Were you able to get this resolved?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_3b2507  I totally got ticked trying to talk to the CS at comcast. I had not mailed my box out yet from x1 boxes, put them all back in place, called them and told them to take their "flex" away and turn on my x1. Downgraded to less channels but at least I can watch the news! GGGRRRRRR

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityAliciaA  When i tried to upgrade to comcast stream it would not do it, over and over. When I called them they said in order to get comcast streams I had to disconnect flex which is totally stupid they would even say that. I gave up.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_3b2507 yup, same here. I was so ticked off.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here