U

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 1:33 AM

your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.

MS Outlook on Windows 10 was fine, for many years, until today.  16 April 2024.  When attempting to send a message, it now says "your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified."  I tried switching SMTP encryption from SSL to  TLS and then to auto.   This did not help.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

5 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_s0t860. While we cannot troubleshoot Outlook as that is not our product, we can assist with ensuring that you can get logged into your Xfinity account and that you have access to your comcast.net email via the Xfinity Connect website. Please remember that using third-party email clients (e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) to access your Comcast.net email address can potentially expose your Xfinity ID and password to fraud and other risks. We recommend you access your Comcast email by going to Xfinity Connect and clicking Email. We do have some helpful information that should help you reconfigure your comcast.net email in Outlook which may help. It can be found here. I hope this info helps!

1 Message

outlook says it's your issue-i spent hours trying to get this fixed--i'm begging you for a live chat. i had one yesterday but we lost our connection. please help

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here