U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 6:22 PM

Closed

YAHOO MAIL - timing out NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Yahoo Mail kicks you off the website and then says "no internet connection" even though all other open web pages are still working and the computer shows that there is a wifi internet connection. I have a new Dell computer with Windows 11. This did not happen before on my HP with Windows 10.This problem has been reported to Xfinity for at least the last year with no change. Most people report it only happens on Xfinity and Yahoo Mail. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_3191b5 See if anything in this article is of help.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @user_3191b5 ! I'm so sorry that's happening! My yahoo email address was the first I ever created, and I'd be lost with not having easy access to it. Did the article that our awesome Expert Again suggested help? We're here if you need any further assistance!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This seems to only happen to me when I try to get to yahoo mail from a non xfinity carrier. My xfinity mobile phone works just fine as well as my computer both connected to the xfinity wifi. But another phone I have with another carrier connected to the xfinity wifi cannot get to yahoo mail

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hi there @leejensen416! Thank you for sharing your experience. I wanted to check in with you to see if you had the chance to review the article that was provided by @Again? This should help with the issue you're having on your other iPhone. Please let us know if you run into any issues. We'd be happy to help!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi - Having exactly the same issue (Yahoo mail loses internet connection). However, it only occurs only on my Dell running Windows 11. Both Chrome and Edge exhibit the same behavior.

No problem on the the same Dell running Win 10, MAC, iPad or iPhone.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I'm getting the same issue, using a Chrome browser (latest version) on my desktop.  The article from 'Again' was interesting, and covered all other connection scenarios, except the browser on a desktop computer scenario.  I first noticed this a couple days ago (though I don't use a browser to get to my Yahoo mail often).

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_be216d​ Has anyone come up with a solution?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_be216d​ 

Please don't reply to yourself.  If you've forgotten to put something in your post, click on the three dots beside it and choose edit to add the content you wanted.

This apparently is a Yahoo! problem.  If you have other tabs open that are connected to something and you're using internet from Comcast, then it's not a Comcast problem. That is totally something with Yahoo! servers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hello @Again!

Thank you for your quick reply.  I'm sorry I responded to myself- I didn't know I could edit my message.  I will not repeat that...

I did some more research.  I tried accessing my Yahoo webmail on my work computer (HP, Windows 10, same revision of Chrome), though through my home connection.  And I didn't have the issue.  My home computer (with the issue) is a Dell running Windows 11.  The other difference I could consider is different anti-virus / firewall software: my home PC is using Windows Defender; my work PC is using McAfee virus protection.  Could that be the problem?

When you say the issue is on the side of Yahoo!, do you mean that their servers are somehow disconnecting from my PC/browser?

Thank you for your help...

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_be216d Yes, as 'Again' recommended this appears to be a Yahoo! server issue. Since you are able to connect to the internet and other sites/servers we know that your connection is good. We would recommend reaching out to Yahoo technical support directly for the mail server issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thank you for your advice.  I have reached out to Yahoo, though I'm afraid it will be difficult to get something resolved with them.  Maybe this is the time to change to Gmail...

I will post the solution, if they provide one.   Thanks again to all!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

As an update, I called Yahoo Customer Care (the paid support line).  The representative was very kind, but not able to address this issue.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_be216d

Somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least.  And, at this point, I am not sure what to tell you.

Refresh my memory.  Is the connection issue happening when you go to the website or somewhere else?  If the website are you using http:// or https:// ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thank you for responding @Again!

The connection issue is only happening with the Yahoo Mail page/website.  It looks like a pop-up message on the page (in pink/red); but not a pop-up window (if that makes any sense).  All other websites are fine.

I am using an https://.

But the fact that I don't get the error on my work Windows 10 machine, using the same internet connection, makes me suspicious of either some Windows 11 sensitivity, or my firewall or anti-virus (I use Windows Defender on my home/Windows 11 machine; and I believe they have Norton or McAfee on my work/Windows 10 PC).

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_be216d At this point I am not sure where to direct you since it's obviously not a Comcast issue.  Your internet connection is fine.  There is just something with their servers that are timing out making it impossible for you to connect for email.  About the only other thing I can suggest is to try a third party email client like Outlook or Thunderbird or any other free email program.  I check the website periodically using Firefox and I have never run into the problem.  I do download my Yahoo! email to Thunderbird so I never notice any problems.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here