Rick1006's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Yahoo Mail error message No Internet Connection

I have an issue with Yahoo Mail. I keep getting a message that there is no internet connection

Screenshot 2020-11-27 173256.png

but the internet is just fine. Yahoo Support told me they think it is an Xfinity issue. Any suggestions?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Rick1006 wrote:

I have an issue with Yahoo Mail. I keep getting a message that there is no internet connection

Screenshot 2020-11-27 173256.png

but the internet is just fine. Yahoo Support told me they think it is an Xfinity issue. Any suggestions?

We can't see your image; it has to be approved before it's visible.

How are you accessing your Yahoo! email? by going to the Yahoo website, a third party email client, or by having added it to your comcast.net webmail?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I access Yahoo Mail on Google Chrome.  Is there a way to have my Yahoo mail be forwarded to Xfinity mail to avoid this issue?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Yahoo has supported auto-forwarding up until now in the free accounts.  But effective Jan 1st, 2021, you can only use it if you upgrade to the paid account, Yahoo-Pro.  See here-------------

https://www.zdnet.com/article/yahoo-mail-discontinues-automatic-email-forwarding-for-free-users/

I have had my Yahoo account for over 20 years, but some time ago I stopped using it for anything important or sensitive.  Good job I did now that I see what Verizon is doing with Yahoo.  If you are using a desktop email client like Mac Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird, you might be able to auto-forward from the client, but you would need to check each one for that function.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Latoque wrote: ... effective Jan 1st, 2021, you can only use it if you upgrade to the paid account, Yahoo-Pro. ...

They also offer something called "Access + Forwarding" for $12/year. See https://help.yahoo.com/kb/started-access-forwarding-sln35454.html.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I am also having this exact same problem.  I can't access any yahoo services (not just mail) from my home computer on xfinity.  I can access yahoo just fine from my mobile phone.  This issue is  clearly with xfinity.

Mail forwarding may be a good "workaround" but it isn't free.  Plus, it doesn't address the root cause.

How do we get xfinity engineers / technical support to address this issue?

Thanks.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@bigships wrote:

I am also having this exact same problem.  I can't access any yahoo services (not just mail) from my home computer on xfinity.  I can access yahoo just fine from my mobile phone.  This issue is  clearly with xfinity.

Mail forwarding may be a good "workaround" but it isn't free.  Plus, it doesn't address the root cause.

How do we get xfinity engineers / technical support to address this issue?

Thanks.

You need to clarify------exactly what happens when you try to navigate to the Yahoo website?  Can you not sign in to your Yahoo account?  I am able to access Yahoo with no issues.  The mail-forwarding thing is strictly up to Yahoo, not Comcast.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

When I'm on Yahoo Mail, every few minutes there is an error message saying NO INTERNET CONNECTION, I have to keep refreshing the page each time the message pops up. This problem happens all day long ,

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Rick1006 wrote:

When I'm on Yahoo Mail, every few minutes there is an error message saying NO INTERNET CONNECTION, I have to keep refreshing the page each time the message pops up. This problem happens all day long ,

Does this happen when you go to any other website?  Have you tried using a different browser as a test?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

This doesn't happen on any other website and I have tried Edge and Firefox and the same issue arises.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Hello  Latoque,

The issue isn't trying to access the main yahoo page (www.yahoo.com), that works properly.  The issue occurs when trying to access any of the yahoo applications, such as mail (mail.yahoo.com) or finance (finance.yahoo.com).

When trying to go to one of those pages within yahoo, it will delay for a long time (over a minute) and then give a connection error.  Rick1006 provided a Chrome screenshot in the first email in this thread.

The page isn't resolving.  It doesn't get the to the point where we can even attempt to log in.

Both Rick and I are not having issues when we use our mobile phones (meaning non-xfinity ISP's).

What other information would help you troubleshoot?  Do Xfinity reps read these thread?  If not, how do we get this issue in front of someone who can resolve it  (I don't think an Xfinity call center representative can resolve this issue.)

Thanks for your help. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@bigships wrote:

Hello  Latoque,

The issue isn't trying to access the main yahoo page (www.yahoo.com), that works properly.  The issue occurs when trying to access any of the yahoo applications, such as mail (mail.yahoo.com) or finance (finance.yahoo.com).

When trying to go to one of those pages within yahoo, it will delay for a long time (over a minute) and then give a connection error.  Rick1006 provided a Chrome screenshot in the first email in this thread.

The page isn't resolving.  It doesn't get the to the point where we can even attempt to log in.

Both Rick and I are not having issues when we use our mobile phones (meaning non-xfinity ISP's).

What other information would help you troubleshoot?  Do Xfinity reps read these thread?  If not, how do we get this issue in front of someone who can resolve it  (I don't think an Xfinity call center representative can resolve this issue.)

Thanks for your help. 

I am unable to duplicate this issue myself.  I've tried using 4 different browsers, and I have no problem getting to the Yahoo email, or the News, Finance, Celebrity, or any other feature at their website.  I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that makes any difference.  I'm using my wifi Xfinity connection at home.  I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  We should see a response in this thread from a Comcast employee.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am now having this problem with Yahoo Mail (only). I think it coincided with their "service upgrade" recently but I haven't found a way around it yet. Frustrating.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Update: It may be resolved by resetting your computer's network adapter. What I did: Disabled the computer's ethernet adapter and connected to Yahoo Mail via wifi and that worked without a problem, so I switched back to ethernet and it still seems fine. Not sure if it will last, but it's working now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion birdhabitat, I'll try that later tonight.

As this seems to be an intermittent issue, can you please let us know in a few days if the problem has happened again for you?

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks Latoque,

For what it's worth, this seems to be an intermittent error.  It seems to work for me about 25% of the time.   The majority of the time, I get a connection error after a long delay (probably a timeout).

I'd be curious for you to try it later and see if you get the same results.

Let the comcast rep know that I'd be willing to do a screenshare session via MS Teams, Zoom, GotoMeeting, (etc.) to reproduce the issue and let him check settings on my computer.

I can also provide him with traceroute information, which may be very helpful.

Thanks Again,

-- bigships

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@bigships 

The people here all seem to have more than a working relationship with computers.

I have a barely working knowledge about any of this.

However, my problem is that on the built in yahoo app I am not able to load new mail. It says connection to server failed.  In the same place when I click on the iCloud account everything updates fine.

Being very simple can anyone please help me fix this problem?

I appreciate your suggestions

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_0dea0e Hey there! We can help look into the issue. Does the same connection problems with Yahoo occur on your phone when not using the wifi? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here