jpewhs's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 7:18 PM

Closed

Xfinity soft bouncing some emails from one specific sender.

I receive regular emails from a nonprofit that sends their emails from a Google for Nonprofits email address via MailChimp and have received them for years with no issues. I am also involved at the nonprofit in sending out those emails. Although nothing has changed with the nonprofit sender's email address or their use of MailChimp to send out mass emails, as a recipient, I have recently not received some of those emails because Xfinity has soft-bounced them (They are rejected by Xfinity; they do not come to my Inbox or Spam folder). In looking at the nonprofit's MailChimp report for those emails that I have not received, about 30-35 other people also did not receive those same emails as a result of an ISP soft bounce, all of whom also have comcast.net email addresses. The emails are successfully sent to everyone who uses other ISPs. Additionally, there are some people with Comcast email addresses who do not have this problem. I am stumped as to how to pursue this. Everything points to this being an issue of Comcast rejecting these emails for some Comcast users, although so far it only seems to happen when the nonprofit sends out more than one email to us per week. Two Xfinity agents I spoke with were unable to find a problem though.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

@jpewhs Thank you for contacting us here at the Xfinity Community Forums regarding this issue receiving emails from this specific sender. Have you already confirmed there are no spam filters or rules set up on the account per https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityShaina​ I do not have any specific spam filters or rules that would prevent my receiving those emails. Additionally, I do receive most emails from that address, just not all of them. My Spam filter is set to "Automatically move spam and potentially harmful messages to the Spam folder." If these emails were identified as Spam, they should be in that folder, but they are not. They are blocked and not received at all. I do not use the Email Safe List feature, and I have no mail filter rules. Hopefully that helps clarify my set up.

New Problem Solver

• 

169 Messages

Thanks for explaining, and we would be happy to help!

Please send our team a direct message with your full name and address.

Our team can further investigate this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here