fred2179's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2024 9:36 PM

xfinity password sign-in doesnt make "let's go" box a link

The "Let's go" is usually a big blue box. It isn't showing up as a link on any of my samsung devices!! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

fred2179 Thank you so much for your post for help with the Lets go button not being enabled. The screenshot you provided is also missing the space provided for you to enter your Login information that the lets go button would enable. I would recomend if using your deviced browser to close all your current browser windows and clearing your cache and cookies before going back to Xfinity.com and trying again I have a Samsung Ultra and I am not able to duplicate the issue. The lets go button is purple and  I have the login information box as well.  Make sure if you are using the Xfinity.com site you have acepted the needed cookies to ensure the site loads correctly. Also if you are using the browser have you attempted to use the Xfinity app? If you are using the app we would still recomend clearing those tempoary files in the app settings and then closing out all your Xfinity related tab or apps before trying again. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hi, and thanks for the response.
The screenshot is from trying to re-enter my account on my Samsung S23. It allows me to enter the username [Edited : "Personal Information"]and then "whisks" me to the Xfinity screen you see above. No blue/purple "LETS GO" box.

The same thing happens with my [Edited : "Personal Information"] email on my Samsung Tablet. It says "click here to continue to use [Edited : "Personal Information"] and then whisks me off the the Xfinity screen above to agree to the policies and then enter the password.  (I deleted the account on my phone and then found I couldn't re-enter it, as I can't get to the password screen.

I often have to reset passwords - Comcast.net seems to thik I can't be trusted and forces me to a new password every 90 days or so. When my Outlook on my PC starts getting server errors, I usually go to Xfinity.com and reset the password there, as I did this time. I expected my phone and tablet to complain and ask for the password, which they tried. But I'm not getting the blue/purple "Let's go"

Maybe reset your password on a different device, and try email or similar on your Samsung Ultra - it should tell you to enter your password?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

fred2179 Thank you so much for that information. On my device the next screen has my email address across the top since I just used that on the previous screen and in large letters says Enter your Password and in place of lets go it does say Sign in in the purple button. It sounds like your devices are not loading the pages correctly. Have you followed the steps I provided above to either clear the app temporary files or the cache and cookies from your browser.  Also are you connected to your Xfinity home wifi network when attemting to login or reset your password?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

I deleted all my Samsung Internet cookies and cached data. And tried again.  This is the screen before, when I am attempting to add an email account to my S23 phone.  The minute I touch Password or Manual Setup it takes me to the Xfinity screen without any blue/purple "Lets Go".

[Removed image: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

fred2179

Thank you for clarifying. The password screen you are having issues with is on your Samsung email not when you are trying to login to Xfinity.com directly. 

A few things to check, we need to confirm the Xfinity email address is showing active still. If you go to customer.xfinity.com/settings/xid/uidemail

If your email account is currently active under the email policy on Xfinity Email activity, a status won't show for your email account. 

If you do not see that the account is not active/disconnected/disabled make sure you visit the Email app in the device setting to also clear the email apps cache and data from there. I would also check to make sure your device is updated to the most current version as well as the email app.

{Edited corrected link}

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hi,  I am getting email using my browser (otherwise this conversation would be a lot more urgent!) So my email is active and working.

The first screenshot was the response from Xfinity when I attempt to set up an email account on my Samsung phone.  This little page seems to come from your security server, and no from my phone. The second screenshot was the prior screen, where I enter my email address and click 'passsword' and then comes this Xfinity screen with NO purple "Let's Go" button.

Exactly the same happens when you have email on multiple devices. I reset my password and my Outlook email is working fine, as is email using a browser direct to comcast.net. 

Both my Samsung devices have this problem, of not displaying the "Let's Go" when I attempt to enter a password for Xfinity account. It happens when I am trying to create an email account [see the screenshots] and it also happens when I am in Samsung email on my devices. Currently, my Samsung tablet email pops up a notice saying problem signing in [Edited: "Personal Information"] enter your password, and the minute I click password it opens this little Xfinity window, without the "Let's Go".

Please confirm that my impression is correct - that the 'Let's Go' page is coming from your security/login system?

This has been going on for several weeks.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here