U

Friday, July 5th, 2024 1:33 PM

Xfinity no longer offering additional email addresses?

Xfinity/Comast was forcing me to update passwords on all my Comcast user/email accounts. I ran into a problem with one of my secondary accounts, due to Comcast's demand of linking secondary accounts to a separate phone number and a 3rd party email address. I seemed to be in a weird loop, so I just deleted the secondary account in order to start clean. However, after adding a new secondary Xfinity account and then trying to access email to/from this new account (and failing), I discovered that Xfinity is no longer offering a Comcast.net email address with new secondary acounts. Can anyone out their confirm this? If so, are there any workarounds? Thanks in advance.

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

3 months ago

I just looked into my primary account, and it looks like I can still add or remove secondary accounts.  Under the policy Comcast adopted recently, new Comcast internet customers will not have the ability to set up an email account.  Existing customers, I think, are 'grandfathered' in, and the new policy does not affect them.  It would be nice if an Xfinity employee could jump in here to clarify the policy.  In addition, you can call Comcast security and see if they can reclaim the one you deleted-------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week) 1 - 888-565-4329

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_495f1l and @Latoque it's accurate that no new Comcast.net email accounts will be created after June 3rd 2024. This is due to very low usage. I realize this can be a surprise and cause an inconvenience. Sorry for the trouble. Any active Comcast.net email accounts will remain active. You can get more details here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information

(edited)

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

3 months ago

@XfinityJosephA 

What I am not clear about is whether or not existing primary email accounts will still be able to generate secondary accounts, including the email portion.  Eg:  I have a primary account with one secondary that was moved from one service address to another.  Can I now set up another secondary if I want to, with email?

(edited)

2 Messages

@Latoque​ Yes, exactly. That's what I want to know, as well. I tried to do this last week (as an existing Xfinity customer), and I was able to set up a new secondary account. And it appeared that Xfinity assigned a comcast.net email address to the new secondary account. But when I tried to access email for that new account, my credentials were rejected by the Comcast email server.   @XfinityJosephA can you confirm?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

890 Messages

From my understanding, you are still able to create secondary accounts, though the email function would be removed.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_495f1l 

OK so I conducted an experiment:  I used my Primary account to create a new user ID.  Worked just fine, until I clicked on the "Check Email" link in the account menu.  All that does is redirect me to the link posted up-thread for the support article about the June 3rd cutoff date. 

So to confirm:

If you had any email addresses with Comcast prior to the cutoff date, primary or secondary, those should  still  be functioning.  But we no longer have the ability to create a secondary email account.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So what if you are a family of 4 coming to Comcast now seeking their services.  You cannot set up 4 diff emails, one for each person?  

I don't understand?  

Also, when I talked to a Comcast rep (albeit from China) last week about this issue, she indicated this ruling of 6/3/24 was temporary??  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@user_d18cce​ 

any updates on this?  Are they rethinking this?  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_d18cce

As an Xfinity customer, you can give others the ability to access your account and take certain actions. Account owners or primary users can decide who has access to an account and what they can do, including things like paying your bill, adding or canceling Xfinity services and accessing Xfinity apps.

You can have up to seven users, including yourself, on an account. By adding a user, you allow them access to your subscriptions, such as Xfinity X1 TV viewing. Each user will have to have thier own third party email address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

@XfinityJosephA wrote:  '... no new Comcast.net email accounts will be created after June 3rd 2024 ..."

What about new customers? Do they get a Comcast.net email account, or will they have to "bring their own" from another provider?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

This is crazy that we cannot have multiple emails. What is their reasoning behind this?

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

@rsftlf 

The reason that is being put forward so far is that the email feature is just not being used very much by Comcast customers.  They have discontinued other features in the past like the note-taking function, and the calendar.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

This is actually a slap in the face to new customers.  It creates a sort of 'exclusivity' to owning a @comcast.net email, sort of like the .edu email culture. What I don't get is how they justify the cutoff when they're still maintaining service for prior account holders, so it's not like they're really saving any money but refusing to let new customers have them.

Like, the @comcast.net domain is free advertising for them anytime someone sends an e-mail from their account. How is that not a fair tradeoff? Since I found out I /CAN'T/ have one, I'm left with a bit of outrage in my desire to have one.  Like we're being left out because we didn't join the club fast enough... bad PR move Comcast.

Imagine if Denny's or IHOP announced that they were no longer serving pancakes to the general public... only for those that previously ordered them before a certain date could continue to order them.

(edited)

1 Message

Agree!!! Too many companies are using if your "Grandfathered in" BS. They still have the service so they have to run it. Of course not enough people are using it. You won't allow them to. Kind of dumb because it still exists. Why not just use my existing email address as my ID. Maybe they will change their minds if they get enough complaints. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here