D

Monday, July 29th, 2024 11:32 PM

Xfinity Email Search Bar Error - Remote Server Issue

Recently, when I try and use the search bar in my inbox to look up certain emails, either by their title or by a specific word or phrase in the message, I keep getting an error message that says "The Connection to remote server imap-west.ge.xfinity.com timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later." I have spoken to over a dozen different Comcast agents; they've had me update my browser, clear my browsing history, try different computers and browsers, sent repair signals, they even sent a technician to my house even though he had the same conclusion that I did; my service isn't the problem. It's one of Comcast's servers.

Nothing else is wrong; my internet is fine, I can still send and receive emails no problem, and when I use my phone to search up emails, that works without issue. So yeah, I have no clue what is going on, and no one at Xfinity seems to either. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

Same problem but phone doesn’t work either. Chat support had me spinning in circles for 3 hours 

The connection to remote server imap-west.ge.xfinity.com timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later.

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

2 months ago

@DoubleM Thanks for sharing your experience. We know accessing your email is important, and are glad to read you can do so on the phone successfully. If the service is working on a device with no issue, that isolates the other device as having the concern. We recommend rebooting your modem and that device completely. If it continues we suggest troubleshooting the browser, or using a different device such as the phone to access your emails securely. 

4 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ Why do I need to re-explain this to every single agent I speak to. It is the SEARCH BAR in my Inbox that is the problem. I can still access and read and send emails no problem, but when I try and use that stupid search bar, I keep getting that stupid error code. That is it. NOTHING ELSE is wrong. Not my modem or signal strength or anything else. Just THAT.

Well, actually I guess there is one more thing; once, my inbox's format was updated. There was even a video explaining things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICw1TGf3FaQ&t=25s

However, when I refreshed the page, the format went back to the old style and I don't know why. Maybe that is related to the server problem?

But again, it's clearly an Xfinity Server that is the problem, and not something on my end. Do you understand now?

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@DoubleM We understand, if there is no issue with accessing the content at all on another device, the concern is with the current device receiving the error. I checked the error without the Xfinity mention in the error, and it points to Microsoft Outlook instances. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I am having the same server issues.  I have spent over 8 hours on the phone and chat with useless support teams.  I can't search emails.  It seems sporadic and actually worked for about two hours today then back to not working.  Somehow my long time email address got changed to a legacy address and is no longer attached to it original account.  This is a total disaster.  I am really sick of xfinity support and lack of understanding.

4 Messages

@Lbg13​ Seriously, it's like they think we're speaking another language. I don't get why not a single agent can seem to comprehend this issue that is clearly affecting more than one person.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 month ago

I am still having problems.  Support just went completely quiet on my and never followed up.  Some things got better but I still cant search in "All Folders" or "Email Body" for key words.  It goes to the server error.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here