U

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 7:21 PM

Xfinity email on Android not allowing password update

Forced to update Xfinity email password on android email application but am unable to even type in the new password.  When I click on the password field, the application goes to an Xfinity sign in screen with the words "Let's Go" but will not let me type in the new password.  I click the back arrow and it goes back to where it would appear to be a spot to type the password, but when I click there, I am taken back to the Xfinity account "Let's Go" page.  I have removed the account, reset the phone, etc....  All other apps and processes work just fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_f3ovr8 Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the email password on your Android device. Did you try resetting the password through the Xfinity website first? You can find the steps on how to complete this HERE

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same problem.  I changed the password on two of my email accounts through the Xfinity website (after they sent emails to me demanding that I change them), then changed them in Outlook on my desktop computer, but I am unable to change them on my phone.  Xfinity is now demanding I change the password on two more of my email accounts, but I don't want to do that because then I can't get those emails on my phone.  I discussed this at the Comcast store a week ago and the lady said other people complained about it too, so it's not just my phone or yours that are having the problem.  I think when Comcast designed the "page" where you would type in your new password, they left out the box! 

UPDATE ! ! !   I just figured out how to make it work!  Instead of following the prompt to “Sign in again” when trying to open the email, I clicked “cancel” then clicked on the three lines to the left of the word “Inbox” to get to the list of email accounts (I have many), then clicked on the “settings” icon at the top right.  This took me to “Email settings” where I clicked on the particular email account, then “server settings” at the bottom of that page.  Here I changed the password – had to do it twice, once for incoming and then for outgoing at the bottom of that page, then clicked “done.”  It processed it, then just sat there, so I clicked on the back-arrow and it started to receive my emails!  Whew!

(edited)

2 Messages

Thank you for the reply and insight.  I ended up removing Comcast as my email provider and reinstalled.  I then essentially did exactly what you did by updating my password under the settings when linking back too Comcast as my email provider. Unfortunately I lost my email linked history.  Your assessment in that they left the password entry box off is exactly what I saw.  I agree it is rather pathetic that this has not fixed let alone verified prior to the updates.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here