T_d1's profile

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 7:05 PM

Closed

Xfinity Email Icons

When I open my email inbox, there are icons across the top of the list of messages.  I think I may know what some of them do, but not all.  I cannot find any documentation on these icons. Can someone identify what they are tell me what they do?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 years ago

@T_druffel 

When I open my email inbox, there are icons across the top of the list of messages.  I think I may know what some of them do, but not all.  I cannot find any documentation on these icons. Can someone identify what they are tell me what they do?

If you hover your mouse over them [if you're on a computer] you'll see what each icon is.  From the left

Compose, Refresh Inbox, Reply to sender, Reply to all recipients, Forward, Trash, Move, and Print.

I think they are pretty self-explanatory but if you need further help let us know.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @T_druffel! Great question! Starting from the top left moving right

- Reply to Sender allows you to respond to an email

- Reply to all Recipients will allow you to respond to an email and send it to all email address that were included within the CC.

- Forward is next and this allows you to send an email you received to another

- Delete which deletes the email
- Move is a great option to move emails to different folders for organization
- Print is the last icon and is perfect for printing important documents 

If you use your mouse courser to hover over the icons for a bit the tool tip info will display.
Please let me know if this info helps! And, Be sure to Bookmark your email sign-in page to easily access your account faster in the future. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

Hi Thomas, I have the same problem that just started happening about a week ago. There were icons in the menu bar until just recently and now there are just little squares. The problem seems, to me, is what happened to the icons and how to get them back, not what the functions are. If the problem was fixed and the icons were there, one wouldn't need the explanation of what they do, right? Can you help with that?

Thanks so much,

Barb Adams

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @barb5100, thanks for reaching out for help with your email icons. 

The explanation of what the icons do would definitely be a temp solution while we worked to get things back to normal. Have you tried things like using a different browser, clearing your cache and cookies, or if you use a 3rd party client, trying a different email client? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

What happened to the former email icon that I could click on to sign into my email?  xfinity took that off the home page.  I had to really search to find a way to get into my email.  I wish they would put the email icon back on the home page.  Why make things more complicated?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here