Skyer
Conversation Starter
1st Kudo
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 5:00 PM

Xfinity Connect app will not send emails.

Outbound emails are not being sent from 3rd party applications (iOS Mail, MS-Outlook).  The emails stay in the Outbox, with the following error messages: "resomta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net CSI IP __________ is not permitted to send messages. Please contact support if you feel this is in error"  and "The smtp.comcast.net server is not responding."  The problem surfaced one week ago, and has persisted except for an approximate one hour period on Thursday when it worked normally.  

Comcast Customer Security Assurance tier 2 recommended using the Xfinity Connect app.  However same problem is occurring with the following error message, "Your email failed to send and has been saved to the Drafts folder."

Responses

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I'm having the same issue, except my unsent emails are going to Outbox. Come on Xfininty!

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

1 y ago

Can you PM me the IP address? also, are you by chance using a VPN when trying to send?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I’m having the same issue with failed send messages staying in draft folder and not using vpn, only using Xfinity connect app. Why is this happening?

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

2 m ago

@user_7eb831

"I’m having the same issue with failed send messages staying in draft folder and not using vpn, only using Xfinity connect app. Why is this happening?"

You are responding to a 10 month old thread.  Since that last post, the Xfinity Connect app has been discontinued.  You need to either use the webmail UI, or use some other client, like the free version of Outlook for mobile devices.  Email notices were sent out in advance.

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

App hasn't been discontinued yet. Wife told me about the issue happening last couple weeks, sure enough, I tried, same failure

ComcastAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hello @tcoury, thanks for visiting our Forums page! After April 20, 2021, the Xfinity Connect app will no longer be available. You’ll still have access to email and voicemail at https://comca.st/3rObqYH. Are you noticing this issue with failed send messages staying in the draft folder through the Xfinity Connect website? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

What app are we suppose to be using for our emails now??? I’ve had issues for weeks now with out-going emailing failing to send. Enough is Enough!!! This is hindering my business, my livelihood!!!!

New to the Community?

Start Here