JD2016's profile

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

Friday, December 10th, 2021 12:00 AM

Closed

Why Is My Email Showing I Have Mail, When I Click On The Envelope It Just Reloads The Xfinity Homepage Again and Again?

This happened to me this morning, and it's happening once again now.  My homepage shows I have two new emails, but when I click on the envelope to view them, it just reloads the homepage again and again, and never loads my new emails. 

This just started happening today, can anyone tell me what the problem is?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

3 years ago

@JD2016 

This happened to me this morning, and it's happening once again now.  My homepage shows I have two new emails, but when I click on the envelope to view them, it just reloads the homepage again and again, and never loads my new emails. 

This just started happening today, can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

3 years ago

No.  This is the only issue I'm having, and I don't want to clear anything if not necessary.  Thanks for your response, will take your advice if Xfinity has no answers as to the reason this is happening.

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

3 years ago

This is happening again today.  Yesterday I was able to load the email by restarting the computer.  I did not want to keep doing that.  Today I did clear the cache, site data and cookies.  I restarted and tried to access my email again and it is not working.  It continues to reload the  Xfinity and does not go to email when I click on the envelope.

Anybody here who works for Xfinity know what's going on and help me get rid of this problem?  Thank you.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

@JD2016 -- I was having the same problem today.  Click on envelope icon, and Xfinity home page just reloads with no sign of email page.

Then I tried with Chrome (I was using MS Edge before), and the email page loaded just fine.

Subsequent to that, I opened MSEdge and went to "Help, About" -- and it updated itself from 96.0.1054.43 to 96.0.1054.53.  After that, clicking the envelope brings up email just fine in MS Edge as well.

Hopefully something there works for you too.  Good luck!

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your reply Scott.  I prefer the Firefox browser and have used it without issue for years, not a fan of Chrome or Edge.  I'm pleased that I was able to access this email that you sent, that is hopeful.  My Firefox is updated and current, hopefully the email will continue to load.  I'll post if all is well in a couple of days or if there still is a problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @JD2016. I wanted to check in. How is everything going so far? Is Firefox still performing well at this time? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

@XfinityVianney 

Today I accessed my email several times without an issue.  Yesterday I had the problem of going back to homepage.  I have Firefox on both my laptop and desktop, but the laptop was fine.  Hoping my main computer can access my emails in the normal fashion tomorrow.  If I continue to have issues I'll post again here.  Thanks for your reply.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. If anything changes, you know we are here to help. Have a great night. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue on my laptop.  My e-mail will not load and I keep getting the Xfinity home page.  I am able to view on my mobile but will not load on my main computer. I have cleared cache and no help.  Use Chrome and have never had this problem.

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

@user_8a8155 

Yes, I've been using Firefox for around five years now and have never had this problem.  Still not sure what is causing it.  Clearing the cache and cookies didn't solve the problem.  I also did a Norton Live Update and Quick Scan and no problems found.  I figured it was some kind of glitch on Xfinity's part, but I haven't heard about any issues they're having that is causing this.  It is frustrating when it happens, good luck.  Post if you have any success and things are back to normal, share if you find out what the problem was.  Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_8a8155. I can certainly look into your email concerns further with you. Do you have the latest firmware version for Chrome installed? Have you noticed any other issues when a website is attempting to re-direct? Are you able to access it directly when using this link

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

3 years ago

I haven't had any issues with accessing my email in several days now, so it seems the issue is now resolved.  Not sure why, but glad this isn't happening anymore.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Good Morning,

I am having this issue as well. I have cleared my cache and cookies for the site, restarted my browsers, and my devices. I have tried using Chrome and Edge on PC, and Chrome and whatever the Samsung Browser is on mobile. Same issues. When clicking the link above, I still can't access email.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Good morning! I am sorry to hear about the email issues you are experiencing. Which browser are you using? Also, can you please check on a different browser if the same thing is happening? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityOtto Good Morning. I am currently using Chrome. I tried Edge on this PC and another, as well as Chrome on another PC, as well as Firefox, and all have the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

753 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that this same issue appears on each browser that you've tried. Have you attempted to check that the web browsers are up-to-date or if there is an available update for your PC?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasD Yes, I have made sure the web browsers are up to date and that there are no Windows Updates pending.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasD When I click to access email, it goes to https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/ and starts to load, but then just goes to https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust which is the home page.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here