Arterton's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 1st, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

Where do I report a phishing email?

I just received a phishing email disguised as an Xfinity Security Alert.  The address was from aaleem@evenbetterconsulting.com and the Subject was " [ Warning ] :Confirm that you received this email At:10/1/2020 4:07:38 AM ."  The email contained a graphic that looks like the one below.  The " Sign in "  link sends you to a page that looks like an Xfinity login page.  If you log in, they will have your login name and password.  BEWARE!!!  I was an IT administrator for 35 years before I retired, so I can spot these things.  I don't see any place on the real Xfinity web page where someone cand report these phishing attempts.

Arterton_0-1601552479751.png

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

For instructions to, go to https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse , and click on the tab Report Spam and Phishing Emails.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just received an email today 7/5/21 from Xfinity < [Edited: "Personal Information"]>, stating:

Xfinity

Dear User, 

As members of our team you need to switch your Mailbox to the latest version of your Email to avoid disconnecting to our smtp server.

Kindly Update to our newer version.
Go to: Update Now
Sincerely
Xfinity My Account
Comcast (c) 2021 All Right reserved

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_dc2983 

That's a phishing email and can be reported at the link posted by rightfooted above.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here