user_chw314's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 5:27 PM

When will Xfinity add support for 2FA account login using the Microsoft Authenticator App?

Note that I'm not asking IF support will be added, but rather WHEN support will be added, because not adding such support is a significant customer dissatisfaction issue.  I know that Xfinity has its own 2FA app.  I don't care.  Those Xfinity customers who are serious about network security and using 2FA aren't going to want a collection of vendor-proprietary 2FA apps on their phones.  I've read the related postings in this forum going back years.  I'm certainly not the only one with this complaint.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_chw314, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

OK, I was logged into my account when I posted the comment / question.  At least I think I was.  So, I don't understand the odd anonymous user identification.  Nor do I understand what the initial reply is asking me to do.

Either Xfinity has plans to support third-party 2FA applications from major players, or they don't.  If they don't, they should.  Proprietary solutions are so last century.  Ha, ha...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_chw314 We appreciate your feedback and our customer's security concerns are certainly at the forefront of ensuring your information is protected. In regard to the user name, if your Forums username included any part of your first/last name, it is changed so that you remain anonymous when making public posts. When you are in Direct Message is where we get your specific account information to make sure we are in the right account and speaking to an authorized party.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here