leafowlie's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, June 11th, 2024 12:51 AM

what does "recovered-lost-folder" mean

At the end of my list of Folders, I have several items that say 'recovered-lost folder" followed by a long string of letters and numbers. I never received a message that a folder was lost or how to recover it. The folders appear to be empty. If the files are stored somewhere, how do I retrieve them?  Why did it happen? Why does it keep happening? Thanks.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

10 days ago

Are you using a desktop email client of some kind, (like Thunderbird or Outlook) or only the webmail interface and a browser?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I'm using Comcast email on an iMac and Galaxy 23 Ultra smart phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @leafowlie and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your email concerns, we appreciate it. Did you previously delete any folders from your email account? If there are files sorted somewhere, they can only be retrieved if they are less than 30-days old. After 30-days, deleted emails become permanently unavailable. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here