Indigo's profile

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

Thursday, May 5th, 2022 3:20 PM

Closed

Webmail no longer accessible!?!

Oh wonderful - Comcast isn't just getting rid of the Xfi Wifi website, they've also just changed their webmail site - I cannot log into

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/

I have two email accounts, and the one I use the most (not my primary Comcast account) can all of the sudden no longer be accessed in either of my preferred browsers - the one email account frequently fails to let my PC's email client POP email from the server, so I have to have that mail's account open in a browser at all times to make sure I'm not missing mail, but now I cannot log in - when I try to log in, I get this page that has no active links:

I get this useless page in both of my preferred Mozilla based browsers. I can't sign into either webmail account anymore! I have Adblock Plus disabled on Xfinity websites, and allow pop-ups - I was able to log in on MS Edge, which I hate using, because a pop-up box appeared - and I have Adblock Plus enabled for Xfinity on Edge too, so it's not that extension that's causing the problem - what I believe happened is another case where Comcast switched their websites to work with cell phones, not computer browsers - this is TERRIBLE! Comcast is demanding I use a specific browser of their choice to let me access my email!?! This literally just happened today - yesterday I was able to view my webmail in my preferred browsers - this STINKS!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Firefox still works for me.  You might have a cookie problem.  

Something to try on your firefox?  Close out all browsers.  Open a new browser (not a private one).  Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Cookies and Site Data  Then try to 'Clear Data' (wipes out your cookies).  Close your browser, then respawn a new one.  You'll have to go through two-factor authentication again to get a new cookie with 'remember this browser' checked.  See if your login works.  

If you don't want to do that, close the browser and email app and wait 15 minutes before trying to open your email.

Pop (pop3) is kinda dead.  While ago lots of people had issues.  You might have better luck with imap.  It could also be that multiple failed login attempts have your account on a temp authorization lock, but you'd have to look at your email app/program error messages.  The solution there is close your pop application and wait 15 minutes or so -- I don't know what they've got the time duration for auth jail set for -- I use 10 minutes for a mail server usually, then the lock is released. 

I also don't know if web based mail and regular mail servers coordinate 'temporary authorization jail'.  If I set it up, it would.  I don't know if they did or not.  Multiple devices contacting the mail server at the same time may also trigger an authorization lock.  There's a limit that can be configured on all of them.  A phone, a client, and several browser attempts might trip it.

I think the servers here are still accurate, but it might be dated:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email?view=app

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

@flatlander3​ I'm not a newbie - tried everything under the sun before I posted this. There's something even weirder going on - when I try to log into webmail it looks like the normal page is loading - note the highlighted area where 3-4 dots appear while the page is loading 

I get to that point then I see the screen shown above, a mostly blank page with no live links. Appears to me Comcast is reading my browser ID and deciding it's not safe to load my email - can't get to my account page either - that's a major problem! Just cannot log into Xfinity Connect.

The desktop POP3 email thing is a completely different issue not related to me not being to access my Xfinity account in my preferred browsers. Ok, now something even stranger happened - I opened up a really old Mozilla based browser, Comodo Icedragon, got the screen above but the dots loaded multiple times, then I got a timeout error - didn't screencap it in time to show it because it said "reload", I clicked on that link and Voila, I got into my Xfinity account! What the heck? That means it's not Comcast blocking certain browsers, unless they're not even aware of mine because it's so outdated - none of my financial website will load in it anymore because it's so old, doesn't handle HTML5, I get a "Unsupported Browser" error msg on those sites. I'm flummoxed now - no way should I have been able to get into my account with that 7 yr old browser!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@Indigo,

When you are getting stuck on that loading screen like in the screenshot, are you using the latest version of the Mozilla browser with POP3?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

XfinityGabriel - now I can't sign in to the Xfinity forums anymore either! The two browsers I regularly use will no longer let me log into ANY Xfinity website - as you can see I was able to log in and post the first msg in this thread where I said I could no longer access my webmail at

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail ,

but now I can't log into anything. Please see this thread on Reddit where I also tried to get help, it contains more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast/comments/uizxs6/cannot_access_webmail_anymore/

I can log in on MS Edge (that's how I'm posting this reply) and an old and relatively unknown Mozilla based browser called Icedragon that hasn't been updated since 2016, but my two preferred browsers that were updated just several months ago don't work - that makes zero sense.

POP3 is how I download email from Comcast's servers to the email client on my PC - WinMail - that's working fine, has nothing to do with the Mozilla browser login problems. Just in case you miss this info in the two threads above, I've cleared my cache, deleted all Xfinity cookies, and started the browsers in safe mode to disable all extensions - nothing changes, I still can't log into my Xfinity account or this forum unless I use MS Edge - the Icedragon browser is so out of date almost no websites load properly anymore, I always get a security error related to invalid certificates, so I don't use it at all now, which is why it's shocking I can log into my Xfinity account in that browser.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Thank you for getting back to us with those details, @Indigo! I'm so sorry that's happening! Login issues are a big annoyance for me, so I can understand this would be upsetting. It doesn't look like that's our official Reddit, so for future reference, I'd recommend reaching out to us on Reddit here.

Our team would also be happy to help right here on the forums! Are you able to send us a direct message to continue?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (top right corner)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

I got a PM saying only chromium based browsers can access Xfinity webmail now - they blocked older browsers for being "unsecure" (nonsense) - but I'm using the newest version of MS Edge to view my webmail and it still doesn't work properly - I cannot click the checkbox next to any email to perform some kind of action, and in Edge right-click doesn't bring up the standard list of options Xfinity webmail offers - in my case I want to mark a specific msg as Spam w/o having to open it - if there's an attachment it could expose me to a virus. So Even MS Edge won't work properly for Xfinity webmail - it's like you're forcing everyone to use Google Chrome, but I refuse to use it for privacy violations. This is ridiculous!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here