U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 7:10 PM

Unable to receive emails through comcast

I have not received new mail since 7/15/2024, and every time it tells me the problem, it keeps stating that my username or password is incorrect. I tried to reset my password for my email and the same response was given to me. I figured I could at least access my email using the xfinity browser, but every time I press "check email," the screen that says "Welcome to Xfinity Email We are now loading your email" continuously refreshes and wont access the email. My email is one of many under the parent email and they are all having the same issues. The only one to have access to their mail is the parent email.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

15 days ago

@user_8icvvw 

I have not received new mail since 7/15/2024, and every time it tells me the problem, it keeps stating that my username or password is incorrect. I tried to reset my password for my email and the same response was given to me. I figured I could at least access my email using the xfinity browser, but every time I press "check email," the screen that says "Welcome to Xfinity Email We are now loading your email" continuously refreshes and wont access the email. My email is one of many under the parent email and they are all having the same issues. The only one to have access to their mail is the parent email.

It sounds as though all of the email addresses that are having the problem are secondary emails and that they are being accessed via a third party email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.  Before this problem started when was the last time these accounts were accessed on the connect.xfinity.com website?  The accounts needed to be accessed there at least once every 9 months.  Is the primary account accessible on the website?

You're going to need to contact Customer Security Assurance to see if they can recover the email accounts, but it might not be possible, so be prepared.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

3 Messages

@Again​ I don't think that any of these accounts were accessed in the past 9 months using connect.xfinity.com, and as for a third party client, would the mail app on iphone count as one? Also yes, the primary account is accessible on the website.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_8icvvw Thank you so much for your post for help with your secondary email addresses. @Again Is on point with the Customer Security Assurance contact if you are still having issues please reach out to them directly to help. Please keep us updated so we know you were taken care of! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here