ltflorida's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 27th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Unable to consistently load yahoo email

Situation I can't figure out. As of this week, which I believe coincides with the new xfinity security I am no longer able to load my yahoo mail. I have tried updating my browser, using a different browser, deleted my Xfinity Norton AV and also turned off the X1 security. I am completely confused as all other websites work fine.

I can eventually get the page to load after multiple refreshes and roughly 2 to 5 minute waits. The fact it doesnt work on multiple browsers and after deleteting nortons and X1 security has me extremely confused/Frustrated. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

4 years ago

You need to clarify-------how are you trying to "load" the Yahoo email?  Do you mean you are having problems signing into it using their webmail UI?  Or something else?  I have a Yahoo account and I can sign into it with no issues.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ltflorida wrote:

Situation I can't figure out. As of this week, which I believe coincides with the new xfinity security I am no longer able to load my yahoo mail. I have tried updating my browser, using a different browser, deleted my Xfinity Norton AV and also turned off the X1 security. I am completely confused as all other websites work fine.

I can eventually get the page to load after multiple refreshes and roughly 2 to 5 minute waits. The fact it doesnt work on multiple browsers and after deleteting nortons and X1 security has me extremely confused/Frustrated. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

If you're using a third party email client or have added your Yahoo mail to the Xfinity webmail page, you should know that a few weeks ago Yahoo ceased allowing third party email clients from collecting Yahoo mail.  They sent out emails explaining how you could continue doing this, however.  Did you receive those emails?

Hey Yahoo Member,

Just in case you missed our prior emails, we’re letting you know that Yahoo Mail will no longer support third-party applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications that weren't developed by Yahoo) using outdated sign-in methods. We’ve noticed you might be using one, so we need you to make some changes before 20 October 2020.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It's simply just the mail.yahoo.com website. Not using an app to check the mail just can't get to the actual website consistently. 

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

4 years ago

@bizuce wrote:

It's simply just the mail.yahoo.com website. Not using an app to check the mail just can't get to the actual website consistently. 

Exactly what happens when you try to sign into the account?  Are you getting any error message?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Again wrote: ... Yahoo ceased allowing third party email clients from collecting Yahoo mail. ...

Email clients using OAuth 2 authentication (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth ) still work. Thunderbird has it.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

@BruceW wrote:

@Again wrote: ... Yahoo ceased allowing third party email clients from collecting Yahoo mail. ...

Email clients using OAuth 2 authentication (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth ) still work. Thunderbird has it.

Bruce did you read what I posted?

Hey Yahoo Member,

Just in case you missed our prior emails, we’re letting you know that Yahoo Mail will no longer support third-party applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications that weren't developed by Yahoo) using outdated sign-in methods. We’ve noticed you might be using one, so we need you to make some changes before 20 October 2020.

I use Thunderbird and haven't followed Yahoo's directions to continue using it for my Yahoo mail.  The last download of Yahoo mail I had was 11/3/20.  So, unless you follow Yahoo's directions for re-establishing connection, Thunderbird won't "just work" regardless of the authentication.  Following the directions in the email Yahoo sent out for re-connecting to various clients/devices is the only way to re-establish connection.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Again wrote: ... Bruce did you read what I posted? ...

Yep. I take "programs using outdated sign-in methods" to mean those that don't support OAuth 2. I set up a test account in Thunderbird just now:

1 Attachment

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the help.

It's on chrome and edge.

Used to work fine. I've cleared all cookies, temp files, etc.

mail.yahoo.com

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

I am having this same problem now.  I have two xfinity accounts, but this worked just fine. It just started happening and it is just with the yahoo.com domain. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@RCampodonico 

Are you getting any error messages?  If so, what are they exactly?

FWIW, this really isn't a Comcast problem, but a Yahoo! Mail problem.  If you can roam the internet with no other problem until you come to Yahoo! Mail, the problem lies with Yahoo!.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here