U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 1:02 AM

Unable to access second email

I am unable to access my secondary email account all of a sudden on both my iPhone Mail and at xfinity.com  This is the error message I keep receiving on the xfinity email website. The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

2 months ago

Good evening @user_05c86f. Can you try logging in with an incognito/private browser? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ I tried that. That doesn’t work either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We appreciate you for trying that @user_05c86f! Could you please reset/change the password for this email following the steps in this link here?

After changing the password, please log out/remove the email from your iPhone’s mail app. Then please make sure your email has third party access enabled. To enable third-party access to apps such as Apple mail, please:

Sign in to your comcast email through the website here
Select the settings (gear icon) in the top right
Select “Email Settings” below the gear icon
Select “Security” in the top left
Make sure the box below “Third Party Access Security” is checked.

After changing the password, deleting/removing the email from your iPhone’s mail app settings, and enabling third-party access we will want to follow the steps in this article to make sure the Xfinity email is correctly added the email app on your iPhone.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

When I try to reset the password it says it is sending a verification code to that email. But the problem is I can’t open my second email on the xfinity website. My primary email is fine. But my second one has vanished. How can I get the verification code if I can’t open that second email account? I deleted the account from my Apple mail app. I enabled the third party access in the xfinity settings. I don’t understand why this has to be so difficult. I’m getting real aggravated with Xfinity/Comcast. I need access immediately to that second email account.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for trying those steps @user_05c86f! Have you tried resetting the password for the second email by signing in to the primary account and follow these steps here?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I am the only user.But I have 2 email addresses. I don’t understand why this is so difficult to understand. I appreciate your help. But this is infuriating. When I go to xfinity email I can see both of my email inboxes listed. When I click on my primary, I can view all of them no problem. When I click on my second email there is nothing there. It shows a caution error box next to it. I see this error message (The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.) I need this to be resolved immediately.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

... When I click on my second email there is nothing there. It shows a caution error box ...

The employee's "change-secondary-password" link is not the one you need.

You need to change the password stored in the Primary account Connect webmail settings. Click (gear icon) / Email Settings / Accounts and then Edit for the secondary account. Enter the new password under "Incoming server / Password", then click "Save". The passwords stored in webmail do not automatically update when they are changed elsewhere.

Your access to your secondary account should be restored. Please let me know if this helps!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

It doesn’t work. When I try to change the password in those secondary account settings I just get the same error message over and over. I have no idea what is going on. The email was just inaccessible all of a sudden. They just vanished.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@BruceW​ It doesn’t work. When I try to change the password in those secondary account settings I just get the same error message over and over. I have no idea what is going on. The email was just inaccessible all of a sudden. They just vanished.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here