U

Thursday, January 4th, 2024 4:49 PM

Unable to Access Comcast Email Accounts using Outlook 365

This problem just started for me on 12/28/23.  Outlook 365 keeps asking for server authentication and password information in order to log in and access the account.  However, when using Outlook 365 I can send outbound emails from Comcast Email accounts.  I have referred to all the Xfinity Support documents and the settings for IMAP are set in my Outlook according to these documents.  What has changed?  I also have the correct setting checked in the Xfinity web access/email client to these two email accounts.  Please review and help me get this resolved.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 months ago

@user_05x30j Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I can definitely understand the frustration, just to confirm, you aren't having any issues accessing emails via our website? Just the third party Outlook email client? I appreciate you confirming that you've checked the IMAP settings, just to clarify, when you checked the settings on our site, you did check the box to allow third party email clients? You can find the instructions here.

5 Messages

@XfinityBillie​   Hello, I am not having any issues with accessing emails via the Xfinity website or on my iPhone 13Pro.  The only issue is when using my preferred Outlook email client.  I have checked all if the IMAP settings and have verified that the box is checked to allow third party email clients.

This issue has been coming and going over the last two months.  But it has been a problem all day today.

I know that I am not the only person using the Outlook email client that is having problems with Xfinity.

Please help.

Thank You...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for letting us know and providing us with those additional details @user_05x30j. We'd be happy to troubleshoot your email issues further. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

First thing this morning, I started Outlook to check my email. A 'Send/Receive error' occurred. Outlook could not connect to the server when trying to synchronize my folders. I checked and verified that all account setting were correct for both incoming and outgoing mail. I did login successfully into Xfinity and was able to get my email online. But still cannot using Outlook. There have been no changes since using Outlook yesterday and many days before.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @jstanguy, thanks for reaching out for help with your email. I understand how frusterating things like this can be and our team is here to help! 

By chance did you try completely removing your Xfinity email account from Outlook and readding it? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No. Maybe I could do that.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@jstanguy

That should fix the problem, but if you run into any issue or have any additional questions, please let us know! 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same issue. I deleted my Comcast email from Outlook 365 and tried to add it. I still get the messages wanting my user name and password. This started a few days ago. Everything was working fine until then and has been for months if not years.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @peacock93. Is the error with incorrect username and password, or is it just with sending and receiving emails?

2 Messages

6 months ago

I'm having the same problem on multiple devices using Outlook (NOT browser email) and IMAP settings, which are correct according to your own information. Both iphone outlook and Windows 11 outlook tell me the password is wrong, which it is not (repeat not). Tried deleting account and recreating, which worked as far as setting up, but did not work for receiving/sending/syncing email. One account says my info is "out of date", the other simply says wrong login name/password. I went into my account settings on my browser email and allowed access from third party apps, that did not work either.

If I can't get this fixed (if you can't fix this) it's not worth having.

Official Employee

• 

758 Messages

Hello, @user_rgjxvt. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, I understand how important it is to have access to your email communications. I did want to ensure the email issue is only connected to 3rd party access and not logging in directly to your Xfinity email online, correct?

It definitely sounds like you have already checked your 3rd party email client settings: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email?view=app. And enabled 3rd party client access: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

I know you said the password is correct, and wanted to ensure that this was updated inside the 3rd party client as well. Any time you change your comcast.net email password you will need to make sure you update Outlook or any other email client with the new password there. The passwords stored in those third-party email clients are not updated automatically and will not allow you to connect to the email servers without inputting the new email password there. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

I have 3 comcast email accounts (for different purposes).  I recently changed all of the passwords, for safety, and updated them.  My emails were working fine.  Then my main comcast account stopped working, while the other 2 (user accounts) work fine.  Why would that be?

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

I just fixed my issue!  I changed my comcast password in Outlook -- the problem was finding where I could do that.   I found it here:

Why can't I change my password to Comcast email in Outlook??? - Microsoft Community

I opened Outlook, pressed Ctrl-Alt-S     

A window popped up with a description, I clicked OK

There was a menu to add/edit, etc my accounts.  I selected the problem account ( I have 3 comcast accounts -- 2 worked fine, 1 didn't work).

I input my new password, and clicked OK.

Then my Outlook did send/receive and I now have my emails!!

Maybe this will work for you?  

1 Message

5 months ago

I have the same problem exactly but I am using microsoft office home and business 2016 - which is up to date.  I keep getting popups requesting server authentication and password information - and nothing works.  I am able to access my email through xfinity, but not from outlook and not from apple email.  I've deleted the outlook accounts and reentered the account information - but nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for your patience and for letting us know, @user_wci9ii. We understand the convenience of being able to access emails across all of your devices. Let's get this fixed. It is recommended that the email clients be set up as IMAP to keep emails in sync across devices. Are you set up as IMAP? 

5 Messages

Yes, We are setup as IMAP.

5 Messages

What is wrong with the Comcast email servers.  I am trying to change my settings and I get an error message that the servers are not available...

Please help?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_05x30j Hello, very sorry about that message showing! Are you trying to change the settings through the email portal? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

5 Messages

I was attempting to change my imap settings in Outlook 365.

Can You verify that the Comcast email servers have been up and down all day?

1 Message

5 months ago

Are there any issues with using outlook for comcast.net email and using a Norton VPN?  If the VPN is enabled, it wont accept the password.  If I turn the VPN off, it is fine

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_jbo2fg! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer and appreciate you utilizing your Comcast.net email. I am sorry to hear about this VPN/Password issue you're running into. I can confirm there are no known or reported issues related to this. 

To confirm, what error are you receiving, is it saying incorrect password? 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I have the same problem. I cannot access the comcast server with my imap account and one pop account. I have contacted help by phone and they say all the settings are correct. I can send email, I can see email through xfinity connect, but not with outlook 365. I no longer have xfinity services and cannot follow the directions to send a direct message to support. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Outlook 365 keeps asking for server authentication and password information in order to log in...

2 Messages

5 months ago

I have had the exact same problem for three weeks. I no longer have xfinity services and cannot follow the instructions to send a direct message.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_24clkw​ 

I have had the exact same problem for three weeks. I no longer have xfinity services and cannot follow the instructions to send a direct message.

If you are signed in to the Forums you should be able to send a DM when asked.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

. Outlook 365 keeps asking for server authentication and password information in order to log in...Why does this keep happening?  Why do We not receive a fix from Xfinity?

Please Help Xfinity???

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Hello, I am not having any issues with accessing emails via the Xfinity website or on my iPhone 13Pro.  The only issue is when using my preferred Outlook email client.  I have checked all if the IMAP settings and have verified that the box is checked to allow third party email clients.

This issue has been coming and going over the last two months.  But it has been a problem all day today.

I know that I am not the only person using the Outlook email client that is having problems with Xfinity.

Please help.

Thank You...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

21 days ago

Does this ever get fixed, this thread is one message after another with the same advice. I've not been able to access Comcast email from Outlook Mobile for days. I've done everything suggested. You'd think by now there would be some explanation and solution. Someone said something about changing their password but I don't understand that. Change your Comcast password and then update Outlook and it'll work? Can we please get an answer??

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_410312 Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can make sure you're able to use your Email account. Our engineers are aware of the issue and we are waiting for them to implement a fix. In the meantime, you can use our Xfinity site to manage your Email account. I appreciate your patience as we work towards a permanent solution. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I am having the same problem.  No emails in outlook since early this morning.  Constant requests for username and password......enter information and nothing.  All other Apple devices are getting emails on Apple Mail. This is getting frustrating.  The error code I get when syncing fails is 0x800CCC0E.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here