mar210's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 7:00 PM

Turn off two factor authentication

How do I turn off two factor authentication?

Responses

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 m ago

I no longer have an account with Comcast and only use their email. When I go to settings in email, I don't see username and password which is where I think I need to go to turn off two factor authentication.

ComcastJonathan

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

9 m ago

Here are the instructions for removing two-step verification (two factor auth)

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/enroll-2-step-verification

Manage Your Two-Step Verification Contact Information

You can change or remove the mobile phone number and email address associated with Two-Step Verification at any time by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to My Account with your Xfinity ID, password and verification code.
  2. Select the Users tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.
  3. Select a user to update and select Edit next to that user.
  4. Navigate to Contact Information and select Edit next to phone number or email field.

Note: Removing your email address or mobile phone number will automatically turn off Two-Step Verification, as we will no longer have a way to contact you to receive the verification code. If you change your email address or mobile phone number, don't forget to turn Two-Step Verification back on in the Settings section of My Account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here