English53's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 7:40 PM

Trash folder won't empty

Having received a message today saying my email inbox was 95% full, I deleted some large emails. After I right-clicked on my Trash folder and clicked "Empty Trash," my Trash folder still had "64" next to it (i.e. it contained 64 emails), although when I looked at the folder, all the emails were crossed out. The number 64 now seems to alternate with "36." I have exited from Xfinity email and logged back in again, but no change (emails are still crossed out, and the ostensible number still in the Trash folder alternates between 64 and 36). I need to empty Trash in order to make sure I get below 95%. What should I do?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 months ago

An addendum that may or may not be relevant: I am now encountering some strange email folder behavior not associated with the Trash folder. For reasons too boring to explain, I wished to move an email from Inbox to Sent. When I tried to do so, I received this message: "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request." Might some larger problem be simultaneously causing this error and also the inability of the Trash folder to empty?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

UPDATE: Both problems simultaneously resolved.

1 Message

mine too. It used to say delete trash now it says recover deleted trash which i never do.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_wp91xe Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. The error message "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request" could indicate a larger problem causing the strange email folder behavior and the inability of the Trash folder to empty. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Verify that there are no filters in use that could be causing the issue of missing emails.
2. Check if the device model and operating system you are using are compatible with the email service. Try logging in with a different device if possible.
3. Consider performing a Force Resync, which can potentially fix loading, freezing, or unresponsive webpage issues.
4. If the problem persists after trying all troubleshooting steps, please let us know so we can do some additional troubleshooting. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

5 months ago

@English53 

If you're wanting to save emails from the Inbox, I suggest you create a folder for that purpose.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here