PA_WOODCHUCK's profile

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

Thursday, January 6th, 2022 5:20 PM

Closed

trash and junk email folders question

Recently changed from POP3 mail to IMAP and now using Microsoft 365 office w/outlook. When I log into xfinity with edge it shows default folders inbox, drafts, spam, trash.  when email is downloaded with outlook some goes to junk and trash. I don't have any rules setup to filter email What is the difference between trash and junk on xfinity server?

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

2 years ago

@PA_WOODCHUCK Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Communities Social Media Team! I hope your Saturday is going well so far! This is a great question! Trash is where deleted emails go, and Junk is where your Spam will go. I hope this explanation helps. Please let me know if you need help with your settings. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

... when email is downloaded with outlook some goes to junk and trash ...

Note that Comcast webmail has a "Spam" folder, but does not have a "Junk" folder (unless you've defined one). But when you set up an email program or app using IMAP, it seems to create a local "Junk" folder instead of a "Spam" folder. The local "Junk" folder contains the emails in the Comcast "Spam" folder.

Webmail doesn't move anything to the "Trash" folder unless you tell it to, so perhaps this is due to a setting in Outlook.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

why does my xfinity.com email always open defaulted to trash folder rather than inbox?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @bigttt, are you seeing this issue on multiple browsers?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here