gordonvp's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, October 14th, 2023 3:32 PM

Closed

Tons of Email Spam

In my Spam email folder I am getting WAAAY too many emails.  Yesterday I had 243 emails in that folder, 90% of which came yesterday and the remaining from the day before.  The emails are coming with time stamps every minute to every two minutes.  I deleted the 243 emails this morning and as I am composing this support email I have received another 54 emails.

I have set up a rules filter whereby any email coming through with an address not in my contact list is moved to the Trash Folder, but it is apparently not working!

As additional information I use the mail app on my Mac to retrieve emails etc from my Comcast email account.  I have a filter set up there as well.  The same conditions are used where if the address is not in my contacts it is to be moved to the trash folder in the mail.comcast.net account.  

I'm not sure what to do at this point to stop this influx of unwanted emails in my spam folder.  Does the problem start at the Comcast email server end?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @gordonvp! Thanks for creating a post regarding your unwanted email concern. That does sound like a high volume, even for spam! I'd love to see what we can do to help :) We appreciate the details you've provided, and I'm glad some filters are already in place. To make sure we provide everything we can, have you recently reviewed how to set email filters and spam filters for your Xfinity email as seen here?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinitySara​  Thanks for the reply.  

Before I view the link you provided I checked my Spam folder as well as my Trash.  The Spam folder had like 103, but the Trash folder had 21.  Unfortunately some of the emails that should have gone to my inbox - including your reply - were in the Trash folder.  I think because of the rules I set up in the Mac EMail App.  They sort of worked, but not the way I intended.  

So I turned off the rules in the Mac email app and will focus on the Xfinity Spam rule settings once I view the link you provided.

Thanks

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Has there been ay update?  I also receive 90% of my email on comxcast as SPAM!  It is getting to the point I need to find another mail service.  PLEASE HELP!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

what I have done is to log into my Xfinity email account and view the emails in my Spam inbox.  When you view them each one can be identified as NOT SPAM and then it will be transferred to your box.  Hope that helps.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @Erub! I see @gordonvp offered some really helpful advice for this issue. Have you gone into your spam and marked important emails as not spam?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here