plummerld's profile

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 10:54 PM

The Usual Complaint About SPAM

Add me to the chorus of abused users of Comcast Email. For months now, I have been inundated with Survey/Phishing emails, all from randomly generated Outlook.Com email addresses. The link always ricochets through multiple websites, finally ending at a site where as a reward for taking the survey, you can get a free product! Oh, except you need to pay for shipping with a credit card! A classic capturing of a credit card.

Before the Xfinity "experts" chime in:

• YES, I have SPAM Filtering enabled.
  • YES I have marked the emails as SPAM with the SPAM button.
  • As an extra bonus, I have also forwarded every SPAM email to "missed-spam@comcast.net" as an attachment.

I have some experience at working with computers, I've been a software engineer for 40+ years, so I do know my away around. From the viewpoint of an abused user of Comcast email, I'd say that they need to explore the hiring of some SPAM detection experts.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hi plummerld

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well. I appreciate you taking the time to create a post and provide us with your feedback. Based on your post, you are taking all the right actions. We have seen more posts here on Forums, and we are aware of the reports. It's our goal to make our processes better. We are grateful for all your patience and efforts so far. 

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ I give up. What exactly, is Comcast doing about this???? I've been flooded for months now with phishing spams, all with identical characteristics. Absurdly, I typically receive two identical copies on the hour. More laughable, lately (in very, very few instances!), I will have one copy detected as spam, the second copy lands in the inbox. The vast majority has X-CAA-SPAM: F00000, not spam, the few have X-CAA-SPAM: F00001, spam.

Every single one of these is a very serious credit card phishing spam. All with great promises of items for taking a survey, all you have to do is pay for a modest shipping fee, with your cc.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

plummerld, Oh no! This is definitely not the experience we like to hear about. I have been in your shoes before so I can understand the inconvenience that is caused when getting those spam and phishing emails. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We can help. in addition to reporting those spam emails to missed-spam@comcast.net, have you also reported those phishing emails to abuse@comcast.net using the steps in this Report Abuse link?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here