shellback72's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024 8:48 PM

Temporary blocked IP

Starting last week we have been getting a temporary blocked IP address on our mail client. Web based access works, along with phone access.

I have:

1. restarted the Modem.

2. Restarted the Access point.

No change.

Any public IP we are using should be out of the Comcast/Xfinity pool.

So I have no idea what to do next.

The client setup is unchanged over at least the past 2 years.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Good afternoon @shellback72, and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that you have been getting a temporary blocked IP address on your mail client even though your web based access and phone access works. We also appreciate you taking the time to run through those troubleshooting steps. May I confirm what mail client you are using? Is this issue also occurring on multiple devices or one in particular? Please let us know as we want to ensure this gets resolved. We look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Well, things have changed. We get inbound email on both accounts. however, SMTP has failed consistently .

Those settings were not modified.

To your questions, 

Mail client is Em client ver 10.

The home computer is the only one running client software. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for confirming, @shellback72. Are you able to test it by accessing our website?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here