J

2 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 9:19 PM

Temporarily Blacklisted IP - Unable to access Comcast e-mail

I have suddenly become unable to access my Comcast e-mail through both the Mail app on a Macbook Pro and an iPhone. No system settings were changed. Error is: "Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later". When connecting via T-Mobile cellular hotspot, I am able to connect just fine on my phone and computer, but the error returns when I connect via WiFi. I am able to access e-mail on the Comcast website. No VPN is being used. WiFi provider is BlueFin. "Third Party Access" is selected on the Comcast website. This just started happening today and has not been an issue for years.

Request assistance.

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

5 months ago

Update 22APR24: despite going through the IP submission form twice and being told our public IP address wasn’t on any block list on day 1 of the issue, e-mail now works properly after about 4 days of getting the temporarily blacklisted IP. Not sure what happened, but apparently it’s fixed now.

Related, I had 2 trouble tickets with Xfinity over the phone trying to work this issue. Was told I would be called back within 24 hours to further discuss with “elevated tech support”. It’s been 48 hours and I haven’t heard from them. Do not trust anything Xfinity support tells you.

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

JNorth I am very sorry you were noyt contacted regarding the open tickets. I am glad the issue appears to be fixed. Please let us know if you come accross anymore email concerns.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Victor I am having the same issue.  It has been intermittent but not is totally inaccessible 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@dorques Can you please provide more details regarding the issue you're having, so we can better assist?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

29 days ago

I am having this issue now. I get the "temporarily blacklisted" message in my Apple email linked to Comcast. I have checked all the settings in xfinity online, where I can access my emails, but would like them to continue to come into my Apple email as they have (although I believe this happened previously as at time, I have had a similar problem, although this time, through googling, saw that I should click on a sign in my Apple / Comcast inbox, and I saw the message. I haven't changed anything. How can I get them to come back, please. Thanks. Wanda

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear you are having issues @user_37d19m Are you able to uninstall and then follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email to set up your Xfinity Email address with an email program

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here