zebbler's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 9:31 PM

Closed

Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later

My email works everywhere, besides at work in my college (I work for Berklee College of Music in Boston).
There is nothing that I am doing to make any changes when I bring my computer to school, but comcast is blocked every single time by my school's network.
It's weird, since my personal email is fine, gmail is fine, school email is fine, it's just comcast email that's not connecting with this error message popping up.

I am curious how to resolve this, besides shaking down every one of the school tech admins for more info?

PS - It works if I load it directly in xfinity browser window, but not when I use Apple Mail.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Will try to do it (post the IP) when I am there next week.
Both sending and receiving don't work, Comcast seems fully blocked by the college network on Apple Mail.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@zebbler Thank you, and please let us know if it helps? Is this issue isolated to Apply Mail? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Ok, didn't get a chance to do it at work, but I am staying in a random hotel in Boston now - and same deal - Comcast is blocked on Apple Mail here in the hotel.
The IP here is 172.20.3.74.

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Thanks for that! Hmm! Just to confirm, at the hotel, the email is still working in  browser correct?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Official Employee

• 

14 Messages

@zebbler​ Let me take a look at this IP specific to the hotel in the mean time, though we believe we have addressed the issue where you work.  We may not know until you are back onsite to confirm.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here