U

Friday, September 6th, 2024 8:13 PM

Switching internet providers but want to keep @comcast.net email address

can I keep my @comcast email account?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

12 days ago

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only.

Although you can keep your @Comcast.net address, it would probably be best to begin migrating to one of the (often free) independent email only providers like Outlook.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc. That way you wouldn't have to change it again even if your ISP changes.

When you Comment on a post (by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...") I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your message.

2 Messages

@BruceW​ I use my email everyday so I wont have any issues with it not being used

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_2oplt9 It looks like @BruceW got to you first. The support page is the best place for information on keeping your email after you leave. Just make sure everything is updated and you have recently logged in before your account is disabled and as long as you maintain access the email will stay active for you. With that said we are no longer offering new email addresses so if you do lose access and your email account is no longer active you may not be able to retrieve the account in the future.  Let me know if you have any more questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here