jro25's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 10:16 PM

Switching internet providers but want to keep @comcast.net email address

Hello,

I am writing seeking confirmation that if I switch internet service providers I can keep my @comcast.net email address as long as I login in at least every 90 days.  My town offers fiber optic service but no mail server service.

I have done research on the topic but I get conflicting answers.  Now that you can discontinue service on line rather than go through Customer Retention as you once did, I won't be able to speak to anyone from Comcast/Xfinity to confirm.

Thank you for any info.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

3 days ago

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-only-faqs.

Although you can keep your Comcast.net address, when you are no longer a customer your ability to manage that address becomes limited and problematic. Consider migrating to one of the (often free) independent email-only providers like Outlook.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Dear Bruce,

Thanks so much for the swift reply and your information. 

I have very limited knowledge of email setup and behind the scenes operation.  I was concerned about switching from Comcast/Xfinity to my town's fiber optic service.  Although the company does have tech support available it is pretty much concerned with their own installation and connectivity problems.  When it comes to porting over from existing services such as email, the end user is pretty much on their own.  

I am familiar with Outlook.com as I have been using it for many years.  The fact that you mentioned it has reinforced my desire to switch.  

Once again, as a person who has never acquired an in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of computing and networking, I have found forums like this indispensable.  Thank you Bruce and all the knowledgeable people who respond to questions like mine in an informative, clear and respectful manner.  It does mean a lot.

JRO 

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

jro25 thank you for taking the time to reach out today. We are more than happy to answer your questions regarding the email address. You will definitely have the option of retaining your email address as long as you continue to log in and use it. That said, what makes you want to consider changing to another provider? Are you anticipating a move to a new location? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here