drollene's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Suddenly can’t open email attachments

Every time I open try to open any email attachments in the last two weeks, it says “ERROR. File cannot be saved”. Until the last couple of weeks, I have always been able to open my email attachments. I have turned my phone off a couple of times and turned it back on but no change. What do I need to do in order to open them and view them again?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem, along with not being able to reply or forward emails from the Xfinity Connect app. Surely there’s a solution to this!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@drollene wrote:
Every time I open try to open any email attachments in the last two weeks, it says “ERROR. File cannot be saved”. Until the last couple of weeks, I have always been able to open my email attachments. I have turned my phone off a couple of times and turned it back on but no change. What do I need to do in order to open them and view them again?

Have you tried logging into webmail and opening the attachments there?  If you're successful, you might want to consider deleting the app from your phone and then downloading a fresh copy of whatever email app you're using [you should be using the Connect app] and set it up again and see if that solves the problem.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, everything works fine on webmail. I was considering uninstalling/reinstalling the Connect app but wasn’t sure that would help. I haven’t been notified that there’s an updated version of the app

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BookGal wrote:
OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Connect app, and now everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks very much!

You're quite welcome!  I'm glad it worked for you!  🙂

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Connect app, and now everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks very much!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That worked for me too - thank you!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Need help solving inability to open attachments with email

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Do1046 wrote:
Need help solving inability to open attachments with email

You need to give us more information.

How are you accessing your email? webmail or an email client?

What kind of attachments are they?

Are you getting any error messages?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

which app do i download to do this? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

The Xfinity Connect email app has been discontinued since this thread was started.  I use the Outlook app on my android moto z4 phone and Xfinity web mail access at https://connect.xfinity.com on my iPad.  There are other email apps you can try from your devices' App Store.

(edited)

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

10-month-old dead thread now being closed...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here