U

8 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 1:49 AM

SPAM

Dearest Fellow Xfinity Subscribers, I am officially letting you know that after months of trying all the options xfinity gives to stop spam they do not work. Apparently it's a nationwide problem. I have personally followed all the steps to send emails to spam, made sure spam filter was on and set filter rules and actions. Trust me when I say there are no other options for us. I have done it all. At this point with the amount of money we all spend to keep xfinity perhaps it's time for all of us to contact xfinity until they actually fix their filters/spam blockers. May I suggest you stop trying to fix it on your end and we start holding them accountable for the amount we pay, the ball is in their court. Now it's your turn Xfinity.com, Comcast  DO SOMETHING!

Diamond Status, 15 plus years of service and 2 straight months of complaining. I have done it all. FIX this.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Me too!  Will follow to see answer

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello hardinss, can you please let me know if you've adjusted your email filters or settings? Or any other steps you've taken on your end? That way we can avoid repeating anything you've tried already.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

I will reply for her. She has done all the steps I have. Yes, spam blocker is on. Yes, she is sending all spam email to spam blocker or deleting or sending to a spam folder just to make sure real emails are still getting through. Yes, she set up rules, key words and actions. Unfortunately, it is still not blocking SPAM. If one of your rules is hyperlinks or videos in the content then why are hyperlinks and videos still getting through?

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

4 months ago

user_1l09ls Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

8 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ How about I just tell you none of the solutions I have gotten, including setting up specific rules and actions is working. The amount of spam my email had gotten was much worse (up to 20 or more) some months ago. Now, I am down to 5 or so a day. Of course the rules aren't catching those. So as a solution I would love if someone would make a document with the specific phrases or words to stop the SPAM. If you are unable then tell me, please stop asking me to do the things someone in your company already asked me to do that didn't work.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_1l09ls I am glad to hear that you are getting a lot less spam than you were. While our algorithm works to capture as much as we can, some will inevitably come through. It is a constant battle and definitions get updated all of the time. I am submitting the suggestions in this thread as feedback. Hopefully, we can start winning back some ground on the spam battle.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

It gets worse and worse.  I don’t see why comcast/xfinity cannot add an advanced setting option: if sender’s domain does not match sender’s alias, tag as spam.

it’s much easier for us to scan the spam folder for a legit email and recover it than scan our inbox folder and manually move all this garbage that gets through to Spam.  It seems that there are other patterns you could detect and offer rules for…things like sender name/alias is “Comcast” but sender’s domain is not comcast.com. The same with xfinity as sender.  You might even be  tipped off by the subject when it is something like “you’ve won an iPad” - when is the last time Xfinity gave away iPads?  

Yes, I have my all my settings and filters on-but Xfinity has the ability to offer its customers more filter options.  As someone in this thread already mentioned, Xfinity customers pay a great deal for these services.  The company should use a fraction of that  steady stream of recurring revenue to solve or at the very least, mitigate this problem.

8 Messages

Thank you for reiterating my point!

8 Messages

3 months ago

And just like that I am back up to between 15 to 20 a day.  This is ludacris.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here