Curly's profile

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 7:45 PM

SPAM

We are getting bombarded with SPAM on a daily basis.  Our SPAM filters are set-up and at least 40 per day, or more, get sent to the SPAM folder so we are constantly cleaning it out.  Why so much??  I have forwarded them to [Edited: "Personal Information] but I don't know if it does any good.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hi, @Curly,

Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. Even with your Xfinity email filters, I see that you continue getting loads of spam. Although the filters don't stop spam entirely, they help reroute these unwanted communications. I'm glad it's been working, but I understand cleaning out the folder has become a headache. Currently, this is the best path we have. Do they appear to be coming from emails your already reported and marked as spam, or are they new emails each time?

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

We get several of the same emails even after reporting them as SPAM

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

We are getting bombarded with Spam.  56 new ones since yesterday.

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ I have blocked over 500 addresses and the SPAM keeps coming, up too 100 a day. This is ridiculous and it's all been happening since Comcast was hacked and everyones personal information was taken. I block address, block should mean blocked, not I'm must moving them to somewhere else. I have to go through the Spam box because sometimes it puts 'real' email in the Spam box. So I have 2 choices, weed spam out of my in box or weed 'real' emails out of Spam box. Either way I'm still having to go through and verify which is which.   Also I've sent well over 1000 email headers to Abuse@comcast.net and nothing happens.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

Curly are you able to confirm these are from the exact same address? Sometimes you may need to mark new ones as the addresses may change by one or two characters.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Got it. It could be, like many spam emails, that they change the email address from the sender slightly to avoid any filters. To confirm, is the content of the emails the same or are they coming from the exact email addresses? If you can tell. @Curly

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

16 days ago

Yes, the emails come from slightly different source addresses. You know this. It is Xfinity's responsibility to filter this stuff before it infects the entire system. You are failing.

Official Employee

• 

981 Messages

Reverie, Here is a link that has some helpful information about setting up email filters or spam filters. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience
Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

14 days ago

I just looked this up as I am getting thirty to forty or more spam emails daily from the same addresses.  I have tried putting a block on the email addresses but it has done no good.  They do go to the spam folder but I never got spam at my comcast email before about 3 or 4 months ago. It is getting out of hand as I get over 100 in 2 or 3 days.  I had it happen about 4 months ago and then it stopped for about a month and now it is back and more than ever before.  It is going thankfully into the spam folder but they used to be blocked completely.  Block sender does no good.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @monioz! Have you tried disabling the feature that automatically download images in emails? Some spam senders will reference if an email has downloaded images to determine if that email is active. Disabling this feature can help reduce spam. 

Upon selecting Email settings in the top right corner of our Connect site

Select Security on the left side of the page

Uncheck the option for “Allow pre-loading of externally linked images”.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

9 days ago

My spam folder is getting upwards of 100 spam emails per day now, which has increased exponentially in the last month or two. 

From reading the above posts from Xfinity, apparently the best you can do is send spam to my spam folder, rather than intercepting them before they get to me. Is that correct? What would you do, if you were in my place? Shrug, and say "Oh well?" If you have any other kind of solution, please let me know.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

Nothing so far, I see. Here's another problem: when I right-click the Spam folder, there is an option for Empty Spam. This would be a nice option for me to use, only it does absolutely nothing. I do not want to transfer the spam emails to my Trash folder, which is an option that does work. I want to delete all the contents of the Spam folder without marking the emails as Read. Is that something you can manage? Thank you so much for the kindness of a reply. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

PaulinSF, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFINITY over our forums page for help with stopping those unwanted spam emails. As someone who relies on my emails for important communication, I understand the inconvenience that this has caused. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We can help. Are you using a third-party email client or our website for accessing those emails? Have you reported these emails to our Report Abuse website? 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 days ago

In the past week or so, the amount of spam emails I have received has skyrocketed.  On the plus side, almost all of them go to the spam folder, but on the down side, I routinely check my spam folder for legitimate emails and it makes it extremely difficult having to look through the 50-100 spam messages per day!

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

7 days ago

In the last two weeks I have been getting a lot of spam emails (some repeat every day) in my regular email.  I have the controls on spam email set the way it's been written to do, yet suddenly the spam is getting through.  I know I can delete these but it is very annoying.  Is there anything else to do? (We only use the email as it was too hard to get another new email when we dropped Xfinity for internet and television. And that's another story!)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

7 days ago

I believe that once a customer terminates paid services with Xfinity, they stop filtering email spam. I've had the same experience as other previous customers. Now I even get spam spoofing Comcast itself; "Surprise in your inbox (for Comcast Xfinity Only)". I can't think of one legitimate reason why this should happen, other than that it is being allowed. 

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

@Reverie​  We stopped using Xfinity eighteen months ago and spam was being filtered pretty good until recently.  We'd had Xfinity for twenty plus years, but the last couple of years it became a costly nightmare.  Once we had fiber in the neighborhood our decision was easy once out of the contract time period.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

THIRTY-SEVEN miserable years, for me. You couldn't slap the smile off my face when Fios came through! And Xfinity seems clueless as to the reasons why people are leaving in droves. I even called them before I switched, and offered to stay if they would just match the rate. I got hung up on, switched to Fios that very day, and I'll never go back.

1 Message

7 days ago

I am still a Comcast subscriber and it just changed on its own and I started getting more spam.  It is often same sender.  It is a certain group and it does not help if I block them. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here