UNI_Fan's profile

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

Thursday, August 1st, 2024 3:20 PM

spam for secondary account

Why can't secondary e-mail accounts flag messages as spam?  I can drag the message to the spam folder, but does that actually create a filter for the algorithm to catch future e-mails?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us  @UNI_Fan! Are you able to enable spam filters or set up email filters following the steps in this article?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ we have that selected.  However, what is the secondary account supposed to do with spam that is not caught?  The primary account has the icon to mark the message as spam, but the secondary account does not.  We can move the suspect email to the spam folder, but does that create a filter to automatically catch future spam messages?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Great question @UNI_Fan! The spam filters and email settings are username/email specific. The secondary email will need its own spam and email settings set up. Please follow the steps in the article above to set up those settings on the secondary email. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

I just figured it out.  I have to actually login using the secondary account in order to have the "Mark as Spam" button appear.  However, this makes no sense as we view emails for both accounts while logged in to the primary.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here